Lake Erie Fanfare - Monday August 6th

Used to call it the prison in the 70s and 80s when marching there. School(?) at the open end of the horseshoe looked like a prison. Give Erie credit as lot of Red Carpet Assocaion (60s/70s) and International Corps Association (80s) championships there along with Tbirds regular season shows

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Used to call it the prison in the 70s and 80s when marching there. School(?) at the open end of the horseshoe looked like a prison. Give Erie credit as lot of Red Carpet Assocaion (60s/70s) and International Corps Association (80s) championships there along with Tbirds regular season shows

That used to be Academy High School, not sure what it's called now (or if it is even still open or used as a high school). 

Looks like they still hold the local marching band circuit (LMBA) championships there as well.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

That used to be Academy High School, not sure what it's called now (or if it is even still open or used as a high school). 

Looks like they still hold the local marching band circuit (LMBA) championships there as well.

Is the building still there? Just a nasty looking building in the dark when you're on the field. 

Are Thunderbirds getting a score at this event?

7 hours ago, George Dixon said:

"most unique" - horseshoe design, no track, artificial turf - fans are literally right on top of the corps

To be clear: I didn't mean "strangest" as a pejorative. It's a nifty place! In and out. All the souvenir booths are lined up outside the stadium along a fairly busy city street.

Until the past couple years, this show was not on the same night as Massillon (which is closer to me), and I liked attending both.

• Like 2

The school is still operation. Has been Collegiate Academy for quite some time with many 1st places in National Academic competitions. The real beauty of the "Vet" is the acoustics and the up close and personal to the crowd.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Have always wanted to go to this show, which is only 2 hours away from me, but sadly I have too much work to do at home. :(

8 hours ago, woodchuck said:

Great stadium for sound.You're so close your glasses cold get cracked!!!

Yup...REAL close (and yes, it was loud):

2013 Spirit encore

• Like 1