Prelims - August 6, 2018

7 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

That customs check upon arrival alone has to be annoying as heck.  And getting visas sorted out for everyone.

Luckily I don't think they bring many instruments with them. Maybe the horns but I'm sure all of the percussion instruments are provided by their sponsors.

Edited by gbass598

1 minute ago, gbass598 said:

Luckily I don't think they bring many instruments with them. Maybe the horns but I'm sure all of the percussion instruments are provided by their sponsors.

Oh that would make complete sense.  

Jubal was great! Loved the theme and the music! 

Congrats to Shadow and Golden Empire on their first Open Class Finals appearances! And way to go Gold for taking 3rd!

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

Correct they had them waiting for them at O'Hare. They had a problem with vehicle rental, would not take foreign credits. Hans posted on his FB  that and getting short term plans on their smart phones had to get new sim cards right away. Jubal comes here every three and not had those problems before.

Gold was real good. I thought Legends sounded more mature than all the rest. SCVC has a real exciting show packed with GE. lost me with the drum machine garbage. BDB is throwing down serious percussion. No one even close.

25 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I do think all 5 of them will make Semifinals and Genesis will be the first World Class corps out.

You think Genesis will be out before Cascades? I know with poor weather conditions, the Cascades show I saw on Friday may not be the best example to use, but Genesis has a stronger show than Cascades.