DCI World Champs Prelims - Aug 9, 2018

6 hours ago, StarVoyager said:

Or teams that got better since Jay Cutler got cut?????  :laughing:

As a Packers fan, Cutler was my favorite Bear. He was so good at throwing to our defense! 

6 minutes ago, Sideways said:

Very nice program from Southwind.  Quick look at the Open class finals recap confirmed what I saw.  Programming outstripped performance but I do not think this is a bad situation for them.  Good GE and content numbers give the members something to work towards...plus it means a competent design team is in place.  I would expect the next couple years to be good for Southwind!  

I guess I'm a purely general effect viewer, I never notice the technical details.

1 minute ago, Jake W. said:

Not even through the opener and already massively improved from last season. RCR really seems to be earning their quick climb up this year in the Open Class ranks.

Easily the cleanest corps visually so far. Great visual program too.

2 minutes ago, Jake W. said:

Not even through the opener and already massively improved from last season. RCR really seems to be earning their quick climb up this year in the Open Class ranks.

A lot of people may have missed RCR because of the Gold buzz, but they have been steadily climbing. 

1 minute ago, Jake W. said:

Dayyyyyyyyyum what a marimba feature!!!!

That.  Isn't that fun!

• Like 3

15489c3a2205ea1936e45a899aaffac4--film-q

• Haha 1

Wow! I know Gold absolutely deserves the most improved OC corps award this year for their massive leap upward, but RCR's improvement this year is nothing to write off either. I've always seen them as a great percussion group with wind accompaniment --- not so anymore. Terrific winds, a mature theme to tackle and portray well, well-written drill, beautiful sounds from the flugelhorn soloists. Actual big & memorable moments. Super impressed with River City Rhythm.

• Like 2