DCI World Champs Prelims - Aug 9, 2018

23 hours ago, cfirwin3 said:

Glad to see a few things there...

Glad to see Bloo pulling those GE numbers.  Glad to see SCV taking more captions, especially brass (that is a crowded caption).  Also glad to see the apparent contending deficiency with Bloo's design finally being highlighted properly in the captions... Their hang up has always been percussion content.  The show design does not contend with many others on the fact that it lacks section features on the field percussion.  It's not the program, it's not the talent, it's not even the writing itself... It's just a lack of feature that was necessary to contend.  I love the show without the feature... BUT, that feature was important to include in the interest of competition... and it wasn't there.  I hope everyone can be satisfied with trying again next year, more carefully to balance the content needs.  I would be disappointed to hear that anyone was frustrated with the design process... or feels neglected/overruled going forward...

I would also be disappointed if they feel as though they need to be drastically different or more 'serious' next time around.

Keep the fun real, Bloo!

Their Kinetic Noise production featured some very tasteful writing and minimal solo sections, and if I remember correctly, they placed very, very well.

@brassboy -- Here's the shot of Crown's "deconstructing" of the field last year I referenced earlier in this thread.

x1rVSKg.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

Edited by CrownBariDad
Tagging -- can't do it in the DrumScorps app.
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

@brassboy -- Here's the shot of Crown's "deconstructing" of the field last year I referenced earlier in this thread.

x1rVSKg.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

Thanks. I definitely remembered that they "tore out" parts of the endzone, but why do I feel like I have such a distinct memory of seeing a football helmet somewhere else on the field--like all the way in the back? Did they maybe have that in their show earlier in the season?

36 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Thanks. I definitely remembered that they "tore out" parts of the endzone, but why do I feel like I have such a distinct memory of seeing a football helmet somewhere else on the field--like all the way in the back? Did they maybe have that in their show earlier in the season?

I don't think so. And it would have been hard to have tarps for the Colts logo work at other schools and universities. 

In Indy, I'm wondering if they decided not to mess with the logo out of respect.

48 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

I don't think so. And it would have been hard to have tarps for the Colts logo work at other schools and universities. 

In Indy, I'm wondering if they decided not to mess with the logo out of respect.

I think it was either one of the regionals or Nightbeat or something they had a slightly smaller than the Colts sized helmet off the back line, Side B, at about the 40 or so.  It had no logo on it. Everyone's immediate reaction was "oh they're gonna cover up the helmet at indy and "move" it!"   But for whatever reason, they opted not to.

• Thanks 1