New High Score Record?

2014 BD was absolutely seamless, apart from a couple of rifle drops; and their transitions and soloists were simply deluxe. That show was also a master class on effective staging.

5 hours ago, the hammer said:

Al Davis said it best - Just win baby! 19 years between titles. I'd just be happy with the W. GO VANGUARD!

19 years between titles, or 19th title? :whistle:

99+ typically needs one really strong corps compared to the field.  While SCV is awesome, Devs and Cloats are not that far behind.  Toss Crown in for brass and even Boston in the mix for guard...there will simply be too much caption splitting this year.  Much like 2016...whoever walks away with GE will be your 2018 dci champ.

11 hours ago, flammaster said:

They better be on because BD is having none of it. I think it's going to be a real squeaker. 

I didn't get to see BD live! this year.  :43_slight_frown:  ALWAYS one of my favorites.  :27_sunglasses:

The Vanguard has been dominating this year (one point wins are big) but historically scores always tighten for quarters and semis, then settle into rank order with clear spreads for the top few corps.  Winner gets 97, then 96, 95, 94, etc.

High 98s is my best guess

Going to be 99+.  The top score will be pushed up by some pretty amazing corps right below - along with SCV’s incredibly strong individual captions.

Will it be enough to top 99.625?  I say no at this point. But, I would not be surprised if it happens.  

Edited by drumcorpsfever

I doubt the record is in jeopardy. As others have noted, you need a LOT of captions locked at #1. The concerns in captions would be Brass (Crown has been winning), Guard (BD and Boston). But you can probably chalk up a w in Percussion, GE, VP ( were at a 19.500 most recently) MA, but I'm guessing a 98.85

Captions have been going to upwards of 5 different corps. That pulls scores down quite a bit to a lower denominator.

I don't see how it's possible SCV gets a 99. Like I said before, I can't see how they can even get more than 98. Unless the Finals night judges start with a higher base score. But they've almost never done that.

I still stand by a winning score of 98 or just below it. Let's say 97.90. Not that it matters much. SCV winning another title will be cool to see. IF it happens.

No records need be broken to enjoy it.

• Like 1