Why were the Knights penalized tonight?

32 minutes ago, Tim K said:

According to Facebook they refused to wear their ID badges. I have no idea if there is any truth to this, and no one has mentioned it in my section in Indy. I also heard they were late  arriving because kids without badges were not allowed in the stadium which caused a delay and cost them a penalty. Again, I have no idea if this is accurate.

Color me dubious. Performers don't need badges; they're in uniform. And BK was first corps on after an intermission. They started right on time, by my watch. Delayed getting to the gate, maybe? But they were set up to go in plenty of time, unlike Crown, which stood around for 3 minutes while someone fixed their electronics.

12 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Color me dubious. Performers don't need badges; they're in uniform. And BK was first corps on after an intermission. They started right on time, by my watch. Delayed getting to the gate, maybe? But they were set up to go in plenty of time, unlike Crown, which stood around for 3 minutes while someone fixed their electronics.

Well, after last year, do you blame them? Too soon?

8 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Do these penalties effect the combined scoring totals for the captions?

I would think not.  On the sheets, penalties are taken after subcaptions are totaled.  

34 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

The marching members do have badges this year. No more wristbands. This is to avoid the confusion which has happened in the past. I don't know if they need them while in uniform. They are not wearing them in shows. 

Regarding drum corps on Facebook, this year has had some of the craziest posts I've seen. 

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

I would think not.  On the sheets, penalties are taken after subcaptions are totaled.  

See the Reliable Reamdo thread

• Haha 1

Unless they checked badges coming in from the lot, I am doubtful about this. I was literally the volunteer at the door where the corps and props come in from the loading dock both yesterday and today, and I can assure you that no performers in uniform were wearing badges and we certainly weren’t checking for them. Now, once they had performed and were wearing street clothes, they are required to wear lanyards with credentials. Staff, however, are required to wear credentials at all times and we will stop and check corps staff without visible credentials, even if they are with the corps heading to the field.

• 1 month later...