DCI World Champs Semi Finals - Aug 10, 2018

24 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

Blown away.  Spartans - great run!!!  My first look at this show.  Has a GREAT look to it.  Again, always a very strong color guard from this corps.

Agree on the Spartans.. really nicely designed show, good music that fits the theme well, terrific guard integrated well into the show theme.. and appropriate theme specific attire, props that fit this years theme well too... and performed well by marchers. They deservedly earned the right to qualify for these Semi Finals, imo. . So Congratulations to a fine season for the Spartans !

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

Just now, Tim K said:

Genesis was a bit uneven as far as passion is concerned. I'm wondering if the threat of not making semi's motivated them a bit yesterday at prelims.

When they came on, huge smiles but right before the step off, there was a wave of emotion from the drum major of 'choked up, this is our last dance' sort of thing.   I saw it reflect in a few faces before they took off.  That sort of emotion is a balancing act to maintain.  

That's what makes these Indy shows special sometimes, it's the last dance for some of these kids, and particularly in a corps that had a tough season with lots of changes going on to fix their show before they finally got it to a point where they could maintain a goal of semis...yeah, I bet those Genesis kids are particularly close.

• Like 3

Gold has the show perfect for hi cam. So many neat visuals with the black/white contrasts. 

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Agree on the Spartans.. really nicely designed show, good music that fits the theme well, terrific guard integrated well into the show theme.. and appropriate theme specific attire, props that fit this years theme well too... and performed well by marchers. They deservedly earned the right to qualify for these Semi Finals, imo. . So Congratulations to a fine season for the Spartans !

YES! YES! YES! Well thought out show design! 

• Like 1

Gold, loved the colorful silks, incredible contrast with body of Corps.....would have loved to seen them used more often. I guess the saying "Leave them wanting More" would have been the case here. Very Nice Show, another up and coming Cali Corps!.

Gold hyping on the field after they finish what might be their best season ever.  They have a lot to celebrate!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My first look at Gold.  Wow.  Talk about a corps that has upped their game in the past few years.  They are the Mandarins of open class!  

It should be noted that their show is only 9:30...  still scoring very high though.

The look of excitement on these young faces as Gold finished is worth the subscription fee to Flo.

Congratulations, Gold, on your achievements this season.

• Like 2