DCI World Champs Semi Finals - Aug 10, 2018

8 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

yup - like Clowns. I hate clowns.

Me too. Except Send in the Clowns. Now, that I love (especially on a Saturday night in August)!

I still say some copper glitter on the guard uniforms would have gone a long way for some visual GE.  The guard is doing well (when doing actual guard work and not climbing...sigh) you just don't read it well.  Even if the sabres and rifles carried that copper color, it'd help

• Like 1

Just now, quijeros said:

I like this New World/Angels in America mashup thing for the ballad.

I'm gonna have to take a listen to that soundtrack. Don't remember hearing about its inclusion in the repertoire.

1 minute ago, quijeros said:

I like this New World/Angels in America mashup thing for the ballad.

There's a lot of neat things musically going on in this show.  They don't quite get to that classic Phantom sound long enough.  There's some glimmers of it in some of the hits that sound rich top to bottom with that low brass sound, but they don't sustain those moments 

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

There's a lot of neat things musically going on in this show.  They don't quite get to that classic Phantom sound long enough.  There's some glimmers of it in some of the hits that sound rich top to bottom with that low brass sound, but they don't sustain those moments 

Best music program from Phantom in years. I think what's holding their MusAn score back are the rough transitions between sections.

The lead in to this trio and the trio itself is a fantastic musical moment.  

• Like 2

Just now, MusicalFrog said:

Best music program from Phantom in years. I think what's holding their MusAn score back are the rough transitions between sections.

Yeah, the transitions are rather clunky.  It was something I'd hoped they'd work out through the season.

I love the brass trio, but mello and bari are coming in way too hot. It was like this yesterday as well. I don't know it this is Phantom's or Flo's fault.