DCI World Champs Semi Finals - Aug 10, 2018

3 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Carolina Crown's run of shows since 2012 are what really got me hooked to brass band music. "Dreams" (a piece by Bertrand Moren from Crown's 2012 show) remains one of the most insane works I've ever listened to.

Oh man, I forgot about that! Bertrand Moren's written some cool solo/ensemble stuff for trombone. I'll check out his brass band stuff too.

1 minute ago, Den8uml said:

No you’re very wrong. They are used as props.

No, I'm not. Look, I'm sorry that SCV smoked whatever corps you like, but having a stage on the field is not the same thing as having giant chairs, palm trees, construction equipment, barstools, and whatever hell the else got dragged out of a TJ Maxx. I mean, seriously. Some of these corps make the field look as if a Wal-Mart truck jackknifed in the middle and they're still cleaning up the debris. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, hank13579 said:

SCV. Please use the whole field and march or change the rules. Not a fan!

They do sound good though...but who doesn’t, in between the 30s and in front of the hash, standing still?

Oh please, were you not watching???

• Like 1

I’d like to throw out a BIG thank you to everyone watching live and on Flo for providing such a pleasant, enthusiastic, and friendly account of tonight’s show. Sometimes, you really have to love this place...

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, dbc03 said:

So did I and I spent the entire time watching them run around and then stop and play. If you think BD moves and plays more than The Cadets or Boston then you are watching a different corps than me.

Clearly you weren't paying attention. They play plenty on the move. Did you not notice the double-time drill right up front during the ballad??!?!

Just now, dbc03 said:

So did I and I spent the entire time watching them run around and then stop and play.

This is just not accurate. At all.

(Now you may be right about Boston and Cadets playing while moving even more. And you would have been on firmer ground saying this about BD last year.)

Just now, Jake W. said:

It's beyond me that someone could criticize any of the top 3 for lack of visual demand while keeping a straight face.

Exactly. Throw BAC in there too. None of the top 8 are lacking in visual demand what-so-ever.