DCI World Champs Semi Finals - Aug 10, 2018

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Sports update while we're waiting.  Late in the 4th quarter of a pre season NFL game, the Boston Red Sox are leading the Baltimore Orioles 19 to 11.  Earlier the Texas Rangers beat the NY Yankees 12-7.

:laughing:   Someone has been hitting the sauce.

• Haha 2

Just now, mfrontz said:

I am very upset about the tarps to the point of not wanting to watch the three tarped shows tomorrow. (To my mind, Boston doesn't count because they don't really march on the tarp.)

There are actually 5 shows with tarps in Finals this year (Mandarins, Phantom, Blue Stars, Cavaliers, BAC). Assuming you don't count Boston (or Mandarins, who barely use theirs either), I would guess the three shows you're not watching are Phantom, Blue Stars and Cavaliers?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, cpg35223 said:

No, I'm not. Look, I'm sorry that SCV smoked whatever corps you like, but having a stage on the field is not the same thing as having giant chairs, palm trees, construction equipment, barstools, and whatever hell the else got dragged out of a TJ Maxx. I mean, seriously. Some of these corps make the field look as if a Wal-Mart truck jackknifed in the middle and they're still cleaning up the debris. 

This is semantics.

SCV’s props may look like storage lockers for everyone else’s props... but they’re still props. 

Props are enhancements to the field—it’s that simple. Easier clean-up doesn’t make them not props. What makes them props is that they cannot leave them on the field when they leave.  

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

based on crowd response and participation - Free players win. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

I am very upset about the tarps to the point of not wanting to watch the three tarped shows tomorrow.

Were there lots of complaints about BD's "Tommy" tarps in 1990?

3 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Sports update while we're waiting.  Late in the 4th quarter of a pre season NFL game, the Boston Red Sox are leading the Baltimore Orioles 19 to 11.  Earlier the Texas Rangers beat the NY Yankees 12-7.

Hopefully the Rangers can start turning things around soon. (I’ve been saying that about a lot of my teams lately.) 

1 minute ago, saxfreq1128 said:

This is semantics.

SCV’s props may look like storage lockers for everyone else’s props... but they’re still props. 

Props are enhancements to the field—it’s that simple. 

It’s not cool to be anti semantic!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Were there lots of complaints about BD's "Tommy" tarps in 1990?

I loved that show.  

• Like 4