DCI World Champs Semi Finals - Aug 10, 2018

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

I see Boston moving ahead of Crown much more likely than Boston moving down 

The gap between Crossmen and Spirit is too large for it to change in one night IMO -- Crossmen are the stronger corps across the captions even though I personally love Spirits show

Cavies are under BAC by 0.185  and has beaten BAC twice in the last 10 days. Crown is still 1.4 ahead of BAC and hasn’t lost to BAC all season. I don’t know what “much more likely” means in your vernacular, but I suspect yours is a heart driven comment than a head driven one. And I totally understand...I’m a total Cavies homer. 

That said, there’s plenty of data in front of both of us to clearly state which scenario is more likely. 

And the MOST likely scenario is that 4-5-6 stays just as it is. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Cavies are under BAC by 0.185  and has beaten BAC twice in the last 10 days. Crown is still 1.4 ahead of BAC and hasn’t lost to BAC all season. I don’t know what “much more likely” means in your vernacular, but I suspect yours is a heart driven comment than a head driven one. And I totally understand...I’m a total Cavies homer. 

That said, there’s plenty of data in front of both of us to clearly state which scenario is more likely. 

It''s a personal opinion, not sure if it comes from the "heart" or the "head" lol - usually these things are a combination of both

I personally see Boston belonging in 4th in GE. I also feel Crown should be 5th or even 6th in GE. I would personally put Cavaliers below Cadets in GE - the program seems to start strong and then fall flat. 

The GE scores just don't seem to line up correctly - again, IMO

• Like 5

Crossmen typically know how to protect that 12th place spot.  I think they've done it twice in the past 4 or 5 years or something like that, even with timing penalties for electronics issues.  

Spirit's show is a fan favorite for me and many others though!  What a great season, they should get a good amount of talent interest for next year's auditions out of this chase for the finals at any rate.  With Spirit surging, Music City rising to World Class with another fan favorite, Louisiana Stars making a charge in Open Class, and Southwind back and looking great, it's likely to generate more interest and opportunity in summer corps marching for talent in the south. Spirit should benefit from that interest.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Honestly, I think the most likely scenario is that everything stays the same in the top 12

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

I don’t know what “much more likely” means in your vernacular, but I suspect yours is a heart driven comment than a head driven one.

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

It''s a personal opinion, not sure if it comes from the "heart" or the "head" lol - usually these things are a combination of both

.The heart....the heart...the heart...the heart...the heart...the heart...the heart...the heart...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Crossmen typically know how to protect that 12th place spot.  I think they've done it twice in the past 4 or 5 years or something like that, even with timing penalties for electronics issues.

They sneaked into Finals in 2012, missed the cut in 2013, almost missed in 2014 due to a penalty from their drumline warming up in an illegal area, and almost missed again in 2015 due to a late start stemming from electronics problems. The last 2 years, they've finished solidly within the Top 12 (10th in 2016 and 11th in 2017).

Hopefully this year they will not pull a 2014 or 2015 and ALMOST miss Finals due to a penalty.

I could see bloo overtaking 2nd. It won't be tonight but I can see the gap between these two decreasing to about .400 to .450.

Bd: 96.250

Bloo 95.850

Then at finals bd would have to put out a run that isn't their best which would speak against their consistency in the last 11 years while bloo would have to put on the show of their lives which is possible considering what I saw and heard last night. BD got 3rd in visual analysis and proficiency which is weird but if it stays true we are in for a real dog fight. bloo v cadets from 2014? Maybe.

Finals

Bloo 96.325

BD 96.312

Because of the low 2nd and 3rd place scores SCV could pop a 98.5 plus out of nowhere. Who knows but definitely a possibility.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Madison?

I couldn't read those two comments back to back without that voice over popping into my head.  :blink:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

They sneaked into Finals in 2012, missed the cut in 2013, almost missed in 2014 due to a penalty from their drumline warming up in an illegal area, and almost missed again in 2015 due to a late start stemming from electronics problems. The last 2 years, they've finished solidly within the Top 12 (10th in 2016 and 11th in 2017).

Hopefully this year they will not pull a 2014 or 2015 and ALMOST miss Finals due to a penalty.

It would be bittersweet for Spirit to bump the XMen out of Finals given their connection. All the best to both Corps!

• Like 2