I never want to hear that BD doesn’t move enough again

I am also concerned about the lack of field coverage, drill and marching while playing.  I have been for a very long time.  We can all disagree about what constitutes a demanding visual program.  But somethings are undeniably more difficult and more exposed than others.  Body movements done in one spot isn't as demanding as marching within a moving, or evolving formation.  Unfortunately it has been rewarded as if it is.  Why would any drum corps want to risk the exposure of a demanding drill when you can just do some poses?  In the words of Madonna....."Strike a Pose There's Nothing to it". 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

This is the crux of what bothers me about the direction of the activity.  Take the words sets props costumes staging acts and scenes and you can see that it's these frustrated drum Corps designers who are Broadway and movie designers/creator wannabe s we're stuck with them trying  anything and everything.  If that's what you want  no problem Great  go create your own activity or circuit and leave this one alone. 

Well said.

I simply could not care enough about who moves the most or what ever. I come for the music and if you have sucky music I will say so. There is so much suck this year. Only 1/3 pf the shows I like. I actually took a nap after Mandarins up to Cadets. I do not want to hear anymore plays on Rite of Spring nor F'n Hallelujah.

The big props seem to be a way for everyone to not use the whole field. So What. Play something good instead of dancing.

In a season where a number of shows involve death and rebirth, it's appropriate that this topic cannot die.

And there's no wooden stake/silver bullet either. Just try to get a consensus here on DCP on what defines "moving while playing".  From 12 DCPers, you'll get 15 definitions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

In a season where a number of shows involve death and rebirth, it's appropriate that this topic cannot die.

And there's no wooden stake/silver bullet either. Just try to get a consensus here on DCP on what defines "moving while playing".  From 12 DCPers, you'll get 15 definitions. 

"If my corps wins, then they move enough." :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This is funny, because over the last decade BD has helped revolutionize how drum corps are scored when it comes to visual design, and this is evident in their dominance since 2007. Yet in this instance, I feel like SCV is beating BD at their own game, and other corps are getting pretty darn close as well.

So to complain about SCV in regards to a perceived lack of visual demand is funny, because that absolutely acknowledges the fact that this entire “game” was created by BD.

For the record, I have ZERO issues with how BD and now SCV/other corps decide to utilize this visual concept.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Minimaster said:

Listen to the Field Pass. Michael Gaines actually says that they wanted the show to be more of a stage production.

He says field coverage is a little antiquated and that environmental challenges are more important.

Now how he doesn’t think greater field coverage isn’t an environmental challenge is beyond me.

This is the from the guy that wrote Four Corners, etc. for goodness sake.

This makes me sad.

• Like 1