I never want to hear that BD doesn’t move enough again

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:17 AM, Jeremy. said:

I believe that the one corps to do BD visual + the visual we all want = Crown 2015. But they lost to BD, so everyone changed it up to be less DCI and more BD + BOA. It almost didn’t happen, but with Bloo winning with hella electronics, and BD always placing so high in GE... what are the other corps gonna do? 

Either way I’m still enjoying DCI.  

That's exactly why the vanguard show is a joke.  Everyone plays follow the leader.  I don't like seeing everyone copy BD's dance moves and now everyone is going to follow this pathetic production.  I don't care if SCV has legends on their staff.  They should be ashamed.  

The only thing I can think of is that DCI wants to move into basketball arenas and the judges were informed of this.  I for one won't be a part of it.  You guys can fall in love with an inferior product all you want but for SCV to win high everything with that show was an embarrassment.  They might as well of just played in concert formation right in front of the microphones.

Literally the worst winning show in the last 33 years.

Edited by MikeBD
  • Haha 1

BD moved their ##### off this year.  Not always the case from year to year.  But they've also shown that moving the most doesn't equal difficulty (or a championship for that matter).  

That said, if you think Gaines is in the HOF for all the easy drill he's written over the years, please send me a couple grams of whatever the hell it is you're smoking.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MikeBD said:

I don't want to see corps use 1/6 of the field.  

That is a massive exaggeration. Yes, their show was more compact than others, but they used far more than 1/6 of the field. Sure the show was compact in comparison to others - that cannot be denied. However, the design was brilliant. It made sense from a design perspective. That's what I care about most. There were plenty of corps that had more field coverage, but there were very very very few who had overall designs that could match Vanguard (perhaps only BD and Bloo). 

At the end of the day, 2018 Vanguard was not only my favorite show of the season (by far), it is one of my favorite shows of all time. That's all that matters to me. 

But, I stand by my claim that one day, indoors.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

That is a massive exaggeration. Yes, their show was more compact than others, but they used far more than 1/6 of the field. Sure the show was compact in comparison to others - that cannot be denied. However, the design was brilliant. It made sense from a design perspective. That's what I care about most. There were plenty of corps that had more field coverage, but there were very very very few who had overall designs that could match Vanguard (perhaps only BD and Bloo). 

At the end of the day, 2018 Vanguard was not only my favorite show of the season (by far), it is one of my favorite shows of all time. That's all that matters to me. 

But, I stand by my claim that one day, indoors.

For about 90 seconds they force members to go outside of that.  85% of their show is between the 25s and only on the front half of the field.  Actually 1/6 might be too nice.

1 hour ago, chaddyt said:

BD moved their ##### off this year.  Not always the case from year to year.  But they've also shown that moving the most doesn't equal difficulty (or a championship for that matter).  

That said, if you think Gaines is in the HOF for all the easy drill he's written over the years, please send me a couple grams of whatever the hell it is you're smoking.

He used to challenge his kids.  Not this year.  He should be the first inductee in the hall of shame.

• Sad 1

Just now, MikeBD said:

He used to challenge his kids.  Not this year.  He should be the first inductee in the hall of shame.

Someone has been day drinking again...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MikeBD said:

Yeah, a shame at least 10 other corps in finals, not to mention those who weren't would love to have.:lle:

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeBD said:

SCV to win high everything with that show was an embarrassment. 

We have an entire thread for bashing SCV.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               This thread, although not intended, has become the bash BD thread.                                                                                                                                                                                                   Please get your bashing threads correct. Dream on meeting some MMs in a dark alley much?                                                                                                                    

• Like 1

They move. But they don't play and move.

Every show, it's the same gimmick: a mic'd trumpet playing Arban runs blasted over front field speakers, while the corps fills in the field at 180 bpm. Looks cool. Almost convinces you that they're attempting simultaneous marching and playing. But they're not. At least, not at the level of Crown, or Bloo, or heck, even BAC this year.

• Like 1