DCI World Champs Finals - Aug 11, 2018

Bones and battery are sun and moon, always opposite into this big hit.  

Blue Knights are from Colorado and are putting on a show featuring Egyptian motifs and some sort of tower with futuristic technology, so my working assumption has been that their production is an homage to Stargate SG-1.

• Like 3

Just now, Jeffe77 said:

Always a fan of Mike Jackson’s battery arrangement, especially in the Rite of Spring build up.

Blue Knights in DCI and Broken City Percussion in WGI are two of my favorite percussion groups to listen to.

1 minute ago, Jeffe77 said:

Always a fan of Mike Jackson’s battery arrangement, especially in the Rite of Spring build up.

he did a good arrangement of "Billy Jean" also

• Haha 1

Flags and guard uniforms now a definite yellow hue as morning arrives. The wedges are formed into the pyramids as the percussion throws down. Horns playing and moving towards the Ra totem in the back. They put their horns down and dance to welcome the Sun King and a new day.

Guard flags now full of color as the day is here! The music becomes celebratory as we go into a classic Blue Knights finish!

Staging is improving this second half.  Mallets are playing some great segments.  Love the whole group dance in the back during the vocalized portion.  Radiating out from teh back corner

6 minutes ago, Minimaster said:

Jay Murphy and James Gow of the Blue Devils...are the designers.

Cool, have them spend less time with BD and more with BK, hopefully remembering sooner than the day of that the visual design is due at midnight. Sorry —- it’s just that the massively talented, smoking hornline deserved a better pairing for their outstanding & highly demanding music book.

Edited by Jake W.

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I think better than Madison?

Yes. Cadets and SCVC I am also not into. I do think Madison wins.

I know those are GH Cadet uniforms. Really hoping for something resembling the sharp traditional Cadet uniform.

• Like 2