DCI World Champs Finals - Aug 11, 2018

4 minutes ago, scooter133 said:

Incredible victory run from SCV. I found myself watching the drum major as much as the corps. His passion is no doubt undeniable. 

My favorite drum major of the year.

Do they even have an award for top DM anymore?  I didn't see it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

Crowns guard was much improved! They nailed it tonight. They just happen to have a few almost perfect groups with incredibly hard books ahead of them.  That difference starts with tryouts and who shows up. 

Crowns guard and Visual for that matter  was given a rather difficult role, portrait a beast. They came up with a lot of gesturing, posturing and gnashing but in the end it was a bit flat. Even the teeter totter beast face wasn't that imposing. Everything was there but didn't quite convince. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

Crowns guard was much improved! They nailed it tonight. They just happen to have a few almost perfect groups with incredibly hard books ahead of them.  That difference starts with tryouts and who shows up. 

Give Joey time to develop as a designer. He's a young caption head that has a history of success where he teaches.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Liahona said:

They LOST...

I do NOT care to have ANY reading comprehension tonight..so whine all you want...

CHUMLEY was NEVER a BAC fan...you can take that to the bank...

And the true Liahona shows himself. :thumbup:

• Like 1

So this panic inducing moment happened during BD's Natural Woman. Seriously, you can't make this **** up. Luckily we have another in the living room that I could switch over to. (After enough profanity to make a sailor blush.)

VLkBWs0.jpg

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Weren't they already very good, given that they'd earned Box 5 scores in many recent years -- just not the great scores of the lines above them?

This is a better comment...I agree..it is what I meant but didn't express it very well...

I'm still super hyped over BAC's guard win..the adrenaline has gone to my brain..and not in a good way...LOL

• Like 1

Just now, whitedj2002 said:

They came up with a lot of gesturing, posturing and gnashing but in the end it was a bit flat. Even the teeter totter beast face wasn't that imposing.

Agree.  I thought there wasn't enough contrast between the performer's costumes and the painted prop.  The costumes  got blended in and were not visually effective, IMO as a non-CG person.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Frollo said:

But different shows, different stages of development within the guards, different progressions. Too many variables to be considered an outlier.

posted from the DrumScorps app

I agree there are different variables at play but I don't agree with your conclusion. It would be one thing if BAC had a trend that indicated as such, but having just 1 show where they come 1st in guard all season, and that too back in early July seems like an outlier to me. Especially when their win on semis night is sandwiched between 2 losses. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wilme861 said:

Give Joey time to develop as a designer. He's a young caption head that has a history of success where he teaches.

I'm honestly not sure I'm willing to give him one more...two off shows in a row? No need for a third...