DCI World Champs Finals - Aug 11, 2018

3 minutes ago, aanpote said:

Not exactly what happened at Boston, guard wise. It was more hire the 2016 high guard staff, they join up (yay!) some of the kids follow and boom 2nd in 2017, high Guard in 2018.

posted from the DrumScorps app

...and which is one of the reason some in CrownLAND are so anxious to return to what was becoming the status quo for guard.

Not doggin’ BAC for pilfering the talent, but unfortunately it’s put Crown at a competitive disadvantage the past couple seasons.

Well I can say I enjoyed way more shows than I didn’t. That’s still a good sign..

Like - BD, Bloo, Cavies, BAC, BK, Crown, Cadets

Loved - Mandarins & believe it or not Bob the Builder (Blue Stars)

Dislike - X-men, PR & SCV.

Still not sure how SCV won. (Edit to clarify - Over BD. I figured BD had the formula and I did enjoy that show more "musically" . Not bagging on SCV.)

Edited by WWonka
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

and no complaints. i'd have had Crossmen over Phantom, but thats about it. Great season, and the corps with the highest score won

I had them too! Great season though! 

15 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Thought Crown was 7th tonight? Unless you're going on the 3 days...

I'm actually going on the entire summer... I know they were 4th-6th for the entire summer really. I think I remember a 3rd in there somewhere but I might be wrong.

4 minutes ago, wilme861 said:

I'm actually going on the entire summer... I know they were 4th-6th for the entire summer really. I think I remember a 3rd in there somewhere but I might be wrong.

My biggest issue is the drill honestly. I love Sacktigs writing with Cadets, but I'm not a fan of what he has done for Crown. 

• Like 3

Loved: BD, Bluecoats, Crusaders, Cadets

Liked: SCV, Cavaliers, Mandarins, Crossmen

Disliked: Crown, Blue Knights, Phantom

I was super surprised by Cadets and Crossmen. Went into both shows with lower expectations and was blown away!

I was shocked by how much Blue Knights let me down. They’ve been one of my favorite groups for the last 6 years or so. I just wasn’t really feeling it.

I wasn’t a die-hard fan for any show this year, but I felt like it was the most talented year I’ve seen yet.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

My biggest issue is the drill honestly. I love Sacktigs writing with Cadets, but I'm not a fan of what he has done for Crown. 

I hear you.  It seemed simplistic for Crown's tier.  Just not that interesting.

• Like 1

OK, Just watched SCV's championship run.  First time I've seen their show this season.  I'm not entirely sure how all that movement represented Babylon.  I'm not sure I really care. That is one of the most stunning displays of musicianship I've ever seen. Absolutely breathtaking.

Vanguard, congrats on a championship show for the ages.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, WWonka said:

Well I can say I enjoyed way more shows than I didn’t. That’s still a good sign..

Like - BD, Bloo, Cavies, BAC, BK, Crown, Cadets

Loved - Mandarins & believe it or not Bob the Builder (Blue Stars)

Dislike - X-men, PR & SCV.

Still not sure how SCV won.

By topping 9 of 11 judges' sheets at finals? Like or dislike the show, I doubt you could find a DCI panel that wouldn't have put SCV on top tonight.

• Like 3