DCI World Champs Finals - Aug 11, 2018

Just now, skevinp said:

You must be from Mars or som- oh...sorry, no offense intended.

Well and in all fairness I never got to see it live and DC is kinda like...  Yeah that joke was too easy. I just couldn't get into it musically. First viewing. Maybe after listening a few more times it may grow in me.

• Like 1

Personal Entertainment Tiers

Loved it all: SCV, Boston, Bluecoats, Mandarins

Liked most moments: Cadets, Cavies, Blue Stars, Blue Devils, Blue Knights

Meh, some moments: Crossmen, Phantom, Crown

Edited by Narrow
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, ShortAndFast said:

By topping 9 of 11 judges' sheets at finals? Like or dislike the show, I doubt you could find a DCI panel that wouldn't have put SCV on top tonight.

Well and just musically I enjoyed the rest of the top 4-5 more. BUT ensemble music, etc is not a huge part of the #'s. Great thing's we have a lotta flavors to choose from. SCV 89 finals run still today was one of the greatest DC moments I have ever seen live. Either way Congrats to em.  :-)

19 minutes ago, WWonka said:

Well and in all fairness I never got to see it live and DC is kinda like...  Yeah that joke was too easy. I just couldn't get into it musically. First viewing. Maybe after listening a few more times it may grow in me.

I did not like at as much the first time I saw it, but it has really grown on me in the last few weeks.

Ha I just noticed your Location.  I hope you enjoy your time on our planet, and won't find it necessary to use your Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, LoveKathyG said:

I have confidence you'll get it eventually if you keep trying.  

I guess you now know how the rest of us feel when BD "somehow" won in other years, LOL

4 hours ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Yeah so true. too bad. I wish they get back to that.. 

You picture that because JD Shaw (brass arranger for the early 2000’s through Spartacus and I think til ‘10?) is now with Vanguard. He’s freaking amazing.

darnit.. I meant to quote the guy who said when he closed his eyes he could picture Phantom. I’m on my phone and not bout to go through searching. HAPPY FINALS NIGHT!!!! 

Edited by Jeremy.
  • Haha 1