Boston Crusaders 2019

On 8/13/2018 at 11:14 PM, CorpwithanS said:

BAC Recruitment Team... get him on the mailing list!

巨人 (Jùrén/Giant)

He does have some moves, but I think the Zingali will help with recruitment.

• Like 3

Well... rather than another "lost" anecdote... how about something that involves 'Forward' motion?  Like the corps theme of 'Building a Champion'.  How about a show titled/centered around "Moto Perpetuo" (Perpetual motion)?  Gee.. some corps have done it before... but some GREAT source music here!  NOT saying play the same stuff but here is a great book that BAC could use quite effectively with that greats staff across the board in Boston!!   Some great music of same show title was:  

"Moto Perpetuo"
Chains of Reaction by Key Poulan
Newton's Cradle by Key Poulan
Echoes of Time by Key Poulan
Speed of Sight by Key Poulan 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGtMDTqzmnE

Thoughts?  By no means copy the pieces but still -- can you imagine a transcrption of that opener/closer with Gino, Colin & crew !!

On 8/11/2018 at 4:36 PM, Ghost said:

And as mentioned the last time this was posted, that's Directot Chris Holland on contra being a BAC!

When I marched Chris did not play Contra but as I watched that video clip I thought it was him. Thanks for confirming it. Just a few lbs lighter. 

Having flashbacks to what I was doing during that time. I had just went through Desert Storm and Shield the previous summer  up until Jan 91, had returned to civilization and was sitting in the US embassy Japan. :lol:   thinking I should have marched 89 90 and 91 that would have a much wiser choice than joining the USMC and ending up in a desert. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, E3D said:

I had just went through Desert Storm and Shield the previous summer  up until Jan 91, had returned to civilization and was sitting in the US embassy Japan. :lol:   thinking I should have marched 89 90 and 91 that would have a much wiser choice than joining the USMC and ending up in a desert. 

Some of us had similar situations in the 60's.  When the Town Hall notified my parents that my draft notice was coming shortly, I went out the back door with the USAF (after basic and schooling) and spent 39 months in Deutschland.  Lost at least two years with Boston.  Two years when the corps was even better than 64-66.   But, as an Army Reserve officer, our Transportation Terminal Battalion ended up in SA after the 100 hour battle, loading the same ships we loaded in 12/1990 in Jacksonville, FL.  We all appreciate your service time E3D.

• Like 3

On 8/18/2018 at 6:59 PM, BAC91 said:

He does have some moves, but I think the Zingali will help with recruitment.

A new visual caption head ??? Wow!!

7 hours ago, E3D said:

When I marched Chris did not play Contra but as I watched that video clip I thought it was him. Thanks for confirming it. Just a few lbs lighter. 

Having flashbacks to what I was doing during that time. I had just went through Desert Storm and Shield the previous summer  up until Jan 91, had returned to civilization and was sitting in the US embassy Japan. :lol:   thinking I should have marched 89 90 and 91 that would have a much wiser choice than joining the USMC and ending up in a desert. 

Semper Fi... many USMC-BACs

Edited by CorpwithanS
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, onionhead said:

A new visual caption head ??? Wow!!

The Zingali 1st place Colorguard AWARD he meant...

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Liahona said:

The Zingali 1st place Colorguard AWARD he meant...

I was on my short hiatus so this is my first chance to say that Jim and I looked at each other at finals and said “that’s the best guard I’ve ever seen”.  

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, CorpwithanS said:

Semper Fi... many USMC-BACs

I joined the USAF in Oct. of 66, after our D&BC season was over.  When I came home in June of 67, before heading to Germany, I learned that about 5 or 6 guys in the corps, enlisted with the USMC Reserves and did their BT during the Winter of 66/67.  If I hadn't lived about 10 miles South of Hyde Park/Lower Mills, I may have done the same thing.  No one from the corps ever told me about that option, or my draft notice was going to arrive sooner than theirs and I had to make a quick decision.  Since the corps was tight with the local politicians, I think the guys were given some slack on their weekend-a-month drills until their commitment was up.

• Like 3