Staff Merry-Go-Round 2019

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Unless the culture has drastically changed at USA Today since I worked for parent company Gannett and USAtoday.com, that publication won't run with anything until it's thoroughly checked out.

"Gotcha" stuff is not their style, or at least it wasn't.

It sure seemed to be their style in online articles during the olympics this year, as they dug up stupid drive-by twitter comments and tried to push them as genuine controversies with little regard for the people they smeared in the process.  They may not have misreported facts per se, but their misrepresentation of public sentiment, as well as their apparent desire to stir up anger, was beyond irresponsible.  Not looking for a fight with anyone, just sharing my own observations.

7 hours ago, skevinp said:

It sure seemed to be their style in online articles during the olympics this year, as they dug up stupid drive-by twitter comments and tried to push them as genuine controversies with little regard for the people they smeared in the process.  They may not have misreported facts per se, but their misrepresentation of public sentiment, as well as their apparent desire to stir up anger, was beyond irresponsible.  Not looking for a fight with anyone, just sharing my own observations.

Then things have changed there. I worked there a while ago.  Lots of water under the bridge since then.  LOL.

Edited by Fran Haring

From his Facebook

I don’t typically do these long posts, but it seems appropriate given the circumstances. Six years ago I made an extremely tough decision to leave my “home team” and take on a new role with an organization I knew almost nothing about. It was new, scary, exciting, educational, and always interesting. The Blue Stars organization became a new home for me that I could never have expected. As of today I have resigned from my position as Battery Caption Head & Arranger. I had a wonderful experience with this organization, but it is time for me to step down and see what happens.  

To the Administration/Volunteers/Alumni: Throughout our ups and downs, I can honestly say this is one of the most ethically minded and professional group of people I have ever worked with.  You supported myself and the staff as much as possible, and always tried to have the priority on the experience for the kids.  The members who go through this organization are better people thanks to your leadership and examples.  

I wish nothing but the best for the Blue Stars organization, and especially Stars Percussion - the past 6 seasons hold a special place in my heart, and I can’t thank everyone enough for all the support, encouragement, and positivity.

4 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Throughout our ups and downs, I can honestly say this is one of the most ethically minded and professional group of people I have ever worked with.  You supported myself and the staff as much as possible, and always tried to have the priority on the experience for the kids.  The members who go through this organization are better people thanks to your leadership and examples.  

What a tremendous tribute.

22 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

From his Facebook

I don’t typically do these long posts, but it seems appropriate given the circumstances. Six years ago I made an extremely tough decision to leave my “home team” and take on a new role with an organization I knew almost nothing about. It was new, scary, exciting, educational, and always interesting. The Blue Stars organization became a new home for me that I could never have expected. As of today I have resigned from my position as Battery Caption Head & Arranger. I had a wonderful experience with this organization, but it is time for me to step down and see what happens.  

To the Administration/Volunteers/Alumni: Throughout our ups and downs, I can honestly say this is one of the most ethically minded and professional group of people I have ever worked with.  You supported myself and the staff as much as possible, and always tried to have the priority on the experience for the kids.  The members who go through this organization are better people thanks to your leadership and examples.  

I wish nothing but the best for the Blue Stars organization, and especially Stars Percussion - the past 6 seasons hold a special place in my heart, and I can’t thank everyone enough for all the support, encouragement, and positivity.

The blue stars website has also removed their entire staff page from the website ... weird... 

16 minutes ago, lifeisaround said:

The blue stars website has also removed their entire staff page from the website ... weird... 

In what way?  The percussion caption head just resigned.  The corps just got back from finals.  I'd dare say that no administration knows, with certaintly, who their complete staff for next year is at this moment in time.  People move, things change.  Stop trying to stir #### and make something out of nothing.  Corps do this every year.  It's the brief offseason...or hadn't you heard that from other people, since that's where you get all of your informaiton?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lifeisaround said:

Prepping for 2019 staff announcements. We know the brass staff remains intact and are already recruiting. I believe, other than percussion, you will see familiar names when the 2019 designers and staff are announced. 

• Like 1