Staff Merry-Go-Round 2019

Todd Clevenger out as Visual Caption Head at Troopers.  Todd is one of the most dedicated techs I have ever met.  He puts 110% into everything he does and has helped many corps.

"I have decided that I will not be returning to The Troopers for the 2019 season. I enjoyed my two years with the organization and will always have a warm place in my heart for The Long Blue Line. This decision was my own and I am grateful to everyone at the Corps for entrusting the visual program to our team.

I want to thank the administration and volunteers who got us down the road everyday. You are the folks that make drum corps work.

I cannot say enough about the entire instructional team we worked with the last two years. Wonderful and committed world class instructors one and all. Each caption was interested in the growth of the entire Corps. It was a pleasure folks.

I must thank all of the magnificent members of our visual team. These people are the best family,friends and teachers I could ask for. I am proud of the work and progress that we made with our students. Words cannot express my love for all of you.

What I will miss the most is the incredible members it was my honor to teach. I am proud of each and everyone of them and I am sure I learned as much from them as I hope they learned from our team.

As for the next chapter for me. I still have a burning passion to teach and I will focus that energy on the opportunities I am fortunate enough to be given.

Thanks Troopers it was a great ride. All the best."

Edited by BlueStainGlass

1 hour ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

It's a bit surprising that most of the people that we know are leaving so far are Visual Caption Heads.

we are at a epoch-changing pivot for the activity: few kaleidoscopic drills, many props, staging over formations. Some feel uncomfortable, some feel prophetic but other captions may not, some are having legitimate life changes, and some feel they are dragging antiquated admins under budget constraints and limited resources.  Do we follow the V8 winning corps, chart our own path, or exit before being pushed out? Exciting in one sense, uncertain for many, mournful for others.

V8= V(anguard) ('1)8

Edited by xandandl

2 hours ago, tim_brandt said:

'99 was Jim Wren's final year. Klesch arranged '00 and '01. 

He ran a fantastic ensemble rehearsal. Loved having him on staff in '00 and enjoyed the '01 show, immensely.

Tim, thank you for catching and correcting my mistake. Michsel

2 hours ago, justfoundDCP said:

Isn’t he the tour director? Who cares about tour staff?

The 2017 Tour Director for the Regiment was Kaleb Schumann.

I believe the gentleman Cappybara is referencing is Dr. Scott Schumann, the Visual Assistant Caption Head.

Haven't heard anything about either Schumann staying or leaving. Don't know whether they are related.

As for who cares if the Tour Director leaves, the MMs and those dependent on his management of the tour might care a lot.

21 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Robert W. Smith won't return to Troopers. He's had some health problems in the last few months, so I suspect that's the motivation.

Did he confirm whether he's not returning to Music City either?

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

20 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Robert W. Smith won't return to Troopers. He's had some health problems in the last few months, so I suspect that's the motivation.

Hope Robert's health problems aren't too serious. Marched in the '76 Charioteers soprano line with him; nice guy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Did he confirm whether he's not returning to Music City either?

He only mentioned Troopers, so hopefully he's back with Music City.

He's done a great job with Troopers. His first season with them in 2013 produced a wonderful show.

• Like 5

Brad Kerr Green - Resignation Oregon Crusaders

I have resigned as brass arranger for the Oregon Crusaders. 

I would like to thank all the members, staff, and designers of the Oregon Crusaders 2015, 2016, 2017, & 2018. Special thanks to Alex Blue V, Tim Snyder, and Lisa Tatum for your work as caption heads for the hornlines, and to Michael Quillen for allowing me the opportunity to arrange for the drum corps. I wish the best for the organization and it's future!”