Staff Merry-Go-Round 2019

On 8/18/2018 at 12:21 AM, lifeisaround said:

Sean Phelan - Resignation as brass caption head! 

This morning, I tendered my resignation from the brass staff of the Madison Scouts drum and bugle corps. For twelve years, my association with this organization has been among the most formative, rewarding, and definitive experiences of my entire life. As a member and then as an instructor, I've had the privilege of working with some of the best people in the world. They have made me into who I am and continue to challenge and inspire me to do even better.

I will forever cherish the trust placed in me by my mentors, students, and colleagues this past year and through the whole span of my time teaching. I see in the members and the culture of self-improvement and cooperation that they embrace so much that the world so desperately needs these days. The Madison Scouts have some great times ahead of them, and I'll enjoy continuing to be their biggest fan.” 

A great member when he marched and staff member since aging out! 

-LIA

Wishing this former drum major and most talented man all the best. So many ways he is gifted to develop and enjoy.

2 hours ago, BigW said:

I hear they're thinking of playing "A Slow Ride in a Slower machine" as their high energy opener.

...  then followed up with " King Midas In Reverse" ( The Holliies.. '67 )

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, xandandl said:

Wishing this former drum major and most talented man all the best. So many ways he is gifted to develop and enjoy.

He was a great former DM and a great teacher and one day he will be a great professor!! 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2018 at 2:29 PM, Liahona said:

It's funny how many are talking about Mandarins meteoric rise into the top 12 with unknown staff...my question is WHERE was this unknown staff trained and by whom?

Ike Jackson is certainly NOT an unknown within the percussion community. He's directed Ayala HS's percussion program for as long as I've been alive, and while his programming has become more... challenging, let's say... over time, he has been getting consistently World Class quality products out of his groups in that time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/18/2018 at 4:50 PM, Eleran said:

Who is Males?  

Sorry Mapes. Auto correct 

On 8/18/2018 at 11:29 AM, Liahona said:

It's funny how many are talking about Mandarins meteoric rise into the top 12 with unknown staff...my question is WHERE was this unknown staff trained and by whom?

A lot of the instructional and design staff came from BD (surprise surprise) and many had aged out within the last 4-5 years. Some came from The Academy of old (back when Sam Pilafian was there). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Noticed that only the drum staff at stars has made an announcement. I hope they keep the front staff who has connections with the other west coast indoor group from California :smile: California has shown it's the best at making percussionists. 

CT makes some good drummers also 

• Like 3