Scv - a new era?

Are we moving into a new era where SCV dominates and forces other groups to change the way they design to be competitive with Vanguard (just as BD has done)?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

New era new era

New new new new era

I guess we will have to see.

Argh...:wall:  The second they started that... they broke my heart. That was a real jump the shark moment that it took until last year to totally retrieve my positive zen and vibe for them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigW said:

Argh...:wall:  The second they started that... they broke my heart. That was a real jump the shark moment that it took until last year to totally retrieve my positive zen and vibe for them.

Aww c'mon, it wasn't that bad! I remember seeing that live at one of my very first drum corps shows and my head nearly exploded.  

42 minutes ago, DCI-86 said:

Are we moving into a new era where SCV dominates and forces other groups to change the way they design to be competitive with Vanguard (just as BD has done)?

While I think their show was fantastic, I hope it is unique to them and no one else. I like a little variety in my life.

I miss SCV's Aussies and feathers, especially their green ones for the age-outs (?).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ranintothedoor said:

Aww c'mon, it wasn't that bad! I remember seeing that live at one of my very first drum corps shows and my head nearly exploded.  

I was drawn in and involved until that moment.

To me... it just jarred me right out of the vibe.

It struck me as something to do for the sake of doing it. Like Limozeen in Space:

"But Why are they in space? There's no reason for them to be in space!" That's how I feel about that whole segment of that program. :huh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

They won because they performed their ##### off.

People forget that's been in BD's back pocket for decades. They throw down when it's time, whether they win or not, they know how to get it done at the end of the season. Performance can make up for a lot in design.

• Like 1