Interesting occurrence at I&E this year

1 hour ago, FlamMan said:

What a stupid thing to do. ThIs MC member should be banned from competing in I&E again, & MC should be fined or penalized.

53 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

What reason would justify her doing this? For God sakes, have some respect for the activity...& yourself.

This kid has shown more respect for the modern activity than you ever have on this site. Shut up and go away.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, MotoSurfBass said:

This kid has shown more respect for the modern activity than you ever have on this site. Shut up and go away.

Can I get an

A

M

E

N

:worthy:

• Like 6

5 hours ago, garfield said:

What's missing in your argument is the recognition that DCI has NOT remained silent all summer.  There's been a TON done in the ranks of the corps to implement P&P that were never addressed prior.

Lots behind the scenes, no doubt. But after the initial flurry of responses in April, not much in the public eye. There were some comments about member safety in the season-kickoff cinema broadcast, but if you didn't already know about what happened at Cadets, you'd probably interpret those remarks as being about safeguards against physical injury, not safeguards against abuse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sideways said:

Probably another SJW wanting their pound of flesh...

4 hours ago, CD23 said:

I saw this thread start with people encouraging this members action.  I don't think it should be encouraged.  

If this person came to me, My thoughts:

If you feel in your heart this is the right and just thing to do, and you have that strong a conviction, you do it. It makes me somewhat uneasy, but who the heck am I to stop or discourage you, and I most certainly would not. I have a feeling the director of the corps felt similarly, and good for them. I don't believe encouraging/discouraging is the right term or attitude here. When someone has deep seated convictions, 'discouraging' rhetoric or rules don't matter. What matters is whether that person believes in doing something deeply enough, those things won't stop it, in fact it can encourage it...(see the NFL)

If what is done is against the written rules, you DQ them politely, their statement has been made, and they knew that going in, I'm certain. If not, the adjudicators are paid to fairly assign a fair ranking and rating for the presentation.

At this point, being reactionary and restrictive will cause more problems. A lot more. Push-back happens and it ain't pretty.

• Like 4

On reflection, my only "criticism" is that someone didn't do this earlier.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, FlamMan said:

What a stupid thing to do. ThIs MC member should be banned from competing in I&E again, & MC should be fined or penalized.

To some of us, it looks bad. It looks awkward. I get that. Shutting people up about what was sincerely protested about is worse, no matter how upset or uneasy we get. That seriously scares me when we start along that slippery slope. People are allowed to speak out even if they may be truly wrong. The trick is how to handle the corrections and disagreements.

I like Blue too, but it doesn't mean it's the 'best' color.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

On reflection, my only "criticism" is that someone didn't do this earlier.

Hmmmmm...  you could well be right. Likely explanation is most people are too busy on tour to be thinking about things like that, not enough time to think about much except the program.

Leadership was discussed at length in a previous thread. Kathleen is a leader. 

• Like 1