Interesting occurrence at I&E this year

1 hour ago, garfield said:

The problem with your posts is that they're not how it is.

Thanks don't mean to upset anyone we all live in our own world. I have the best seats for me, right down in front and like it that way. No one to impress at a show I am there to be impressed. To each his own I guess. However no one on here can insult me. In my crazy logic I first have to know and like someone before I get offended by anything they post.  Mr. Garfield I to am an old Cadet that was drafted and aged out early. 

Most of my life long friends from the Garfield Area started off with a fight or wrestling match that's how it worked in North Jersey but realized we were unique. I am amazed at our popularity at the dci hotel. Have you ever been hugged by a German Police Officer at a dci show, I have! Lighten-Up dci has a lot bigger issues than hurt feelings. I actually have to show some emotion in heated discussions with my wife so she doesn't accuse me of treating her like they trained me to act around my employees.

Edited by Bluzes

3 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Thanks don't mean to upset anyone we all live in our own world. I have the best seats for me, right down in front and like it that way. No one to impress at a show I am there to be impressed. To each his own I guess. However no one on here can insult me. In my crazy logic I first have to know and like someone before I get offended by anything they post.  Mr. Garfield I to am an old Cadet that was drafted and aged out early

Most of my life long friends from the Garfield Area started off with a fight or wrestling match that's how it worked in North Jersey but realized we were unique. I am amazed at our popularity at the dci hotel. Have you ever been hugged by a German Police Officer at a dci show, I have! Lighten-Up dci has a lot bigger issue than hurt feelings. I actually have to show some emotion in heated discussions with my wife so she doesn't accuse me of treating her like they trained me to act around my employees.

You must be from Paterson not Garfield....lol

48 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

It sure makes sense to Music City and the individual who gets a free ride next year and the corps gets a donation. But you don't see any of that, so pick on me. I enjoy it.

No, I just couldn’t read your post. Now that you’re using grammar and spelling that I can understand (pick up “Syntax for Dummies”, too, as you’re watching Academic), your post makes more sense. 

So, you’re going to divert your Friends donation to MC to pay for this member’s dues (about $3,500) AND make a donation to the corps?  Outstanding!  At that level of Friends donation you must have been sitting quite close to me on Saturday night!  Care to PM me and share your seat number?  I was Sec 240, rows 6 & 7, seats 16 to 20 in both rows. We’re you close to that?  Maybe we were seat-mates, eh?

But I guess you think I don’t see any of that, including the mid-five digits I “spent” on DC this year. You might be right, of course. 

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Pretty clear we wil just have to agree to disagree

my take on this is that it was silly at best

i'm not condoning the kid doing it. as we get older, we all think things we would have at one time found irreverent and funny arent as cool as we once would have thought.

but it still speaks to something I have said twice now and has been roundly ignored:

the kids out there marching do not think DCI is going a good job of this if even half of what you see on Reddit is to believed. if all of it's true, well, it's a pathetic statement towards how DCI is handling it. 

Either way, while this wasn't the greatest idea, the kids out there today still have concerns that need to be addressed AND the adults arent transparent enough with the kids.

and this will probably be ignored too

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

You must be from Paterson not Garfield....lol

Yes you got me, that's why I said Garfield Area, then we moved to Totowa then West Paterson then Bergenfield, Chicago, Boston, Dallas, St Louis now KC all business moves. It's my fault our son doesn't have any life long friends outside of Dutch Boy and Boston. Drum Corps fulfills many needs. 

4 hours ago, ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar said:

One question that I don't think has been asked: did Music City know this was going to happen? Did the staff give their blessing?

When I marched, everyone who wanted to perform in I&E needed to "audition" for the respective caption heads. I won't be surprised if this is a global DCI guideline.

IF MC knew what was going to happen, and gave their blessing ... a part of me can understand why Dan A. would be sort of P.O'd. IF the kid had something else planned and was inspired to go off-script ... different story.

Either way: I love that we follow an activity that pays lip service to remarkable young people expressing themselves, but the instant something goes off script, people freak out.

a friggen men

9 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Thanks don't mean to upset anyone we all live in our own world. I have the best seats for me, right down in front and like it that way. No one to impress at a show I am there to be impressed. To each his own I guess. However no one on here can insult me. In my crazy logic I first have to know and like someone before I get offended by anything they post.  Mr. Garfield I to am an old Cadet that was drafted and aged out early. 

Most of my life long friends from the Garfield Area started off with a fight or wrestling match that's how it worked in North Jersey but realized we were unique. I am amazed at our popularity at the dci hotel. Have you ever been hugged by a German Police Officer at a dci show, I have! Lighten-Up dci has a lot bigger issues than hurt feelings. I actually have to show some emotion in heated discussions with my wife so she doesn't accuse me of treating her like they trained me to act around my employees.

What does any of this have to do with your misguided understanding of fans and the inner workings of DCI?

Sounds like you, too, have bigger issues to deal with, beginning with your intro to productive discussions (you’d likely beat me at wrestling), your treatment of your employees, and your marital relationship. 

3 minutes ago, garfield said:

“Syntax for Dummies”

Ok let me get this over with. I am probably the most successful dummy you ever encountered. Bulling, I have way more fun being bullied than you have being the bully. Go for it, dci needs a distraction from it's very serious problems. Just duck you head in the sand with the rest of them, if calling me a dummy is all you got then your part of the problem..

4 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Yes you got me, that's why I said Garfield Area, then we moved to Totowa then West Paterson then Bergenfield, Chicago, Boston, Dallas, St Louis now KC all business moves. It's my fault our son doesn't have any life long friends outside of Dutch Boy and Boston. Drum Corps fulfills many needs. 

West Paterson now " Woodland Park"...lol

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i'm not condoning the kid doing it. as we get older, we all think things we would have at one time found irreverent and funny arent as cool as we once would have thought.

but it still speaks to something I have said twice now and has been roundly ignored:

the kids out there marching do not think DCI is going a good job of this if even half of what you see on Reddit is to believed. if all of it's true, well, it's a pathetic statement towards how DCI is handling it. 

Either way, while this wasn't the greatest idea, the kids out there today still have concerns that need to be addressed AND the adults arent transparent enough with the kids.

and this will probably be ignored too

It’s not all true. The kids I rub shoulders with are proud as heck that their leadership has taken a strong stance.

Like DCP, Reddit words are cheap and sometimes match the first line of your post. 

It’s better than most people think, but squeaky wheels get airtime on the interwebs.