Interesting occurrence at I&E this year

39 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Bluzes is deep into the bull pen just tiering them out with foul balls.

No bites on my poor spelling. Just a test of the shill network. Go back to your regular head bashing. Been planting these little land mines so I can expand my thought all along, go figure.

I would like to say one more thing and stay out of this thread. Once again I been pulled out of my safe space over this. We had a fun time last week. dci put together a great event like they always do. There were a few things that bothered me. That in my insane logic I thought I would post here, things that could have been better. It's not worth it, now to bring these things up, too many other important issues to work through.

It was the greatest event held anywhere in the world ever, echoed from folks we know all from over the world. That's what is at risk. We all should knock down all the barriers we can to keep that going. The talent level is increasing faster than Moore's Law and us on DCP well let me not offend. Maybe we should check with the Cavies to see what planet this is, may explain a lot.

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I'm sure there are instances of both - I would imagine some organizations have taken this quite seriously this summer while others, the topic is persona non grata 

This is just not true, George.  Every organization minus one was at the table in January, and there have been regional Board Consortium meetings focused on several topics from geographical application to daily best practices.  Every, single corps has reported in since (and now the one missing in January is back in the loop) that significant baseline practices and policies - largely common throughout the activity, and modified only for regional circumstances by the active Boards.

Now you'll begin to see a coalescence of practices into a central set of practices that has both teeth and flexibility to allow for compliance on a local level AND while on tour.

But every single corps made significant improvements to their P&P up and down their organization.  To address another poster's question, the best practices include teaching everyone what the chain of reporting is, up and through the "resource officer" to include the Board itself, then, as an activity, provides a seamless transition of "reporting escalation all the way up to the DCI executive committee and, hence, the DCI Board - the OTHER directors.

It's just one example.  There are many and everyone will see. 

4 minutes ago, garfield said:

This is just not true, George.  Every organization minus one was at the table in January, and there have been regional Board Consortium meetings focused on several topics from geographical application to daily best practices.  Every, single corps has reported in since (and now the one missing in January is back in the loop) that significant baseline practices and policies - largely common throughout the activity, and modified only for regional circumstances by the active Boards.

Now you'll begin to see a coalescence of practices into a central set of practices that has both teeth and flexibility to allow for compliance on a local level AND while on tour.

But every single corps made significant improvements to their P&P up and down their organization.  To address another poster's question, the best practices include teaching everyone what the chain of reporting is, up and through the "resource officer" to include the Board itself, then, as an activity, provides a seamless transition of "reporting escalation all the way up to the DCI executive committee and, hence, the DCI Board - the OTHER directors.

It's just one example.  There are many and everyone will see. 

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I was meaning as a spoken topic - of daily or weekly conversation (coaching sessions/workshops etc) - I realize the policies have been dropped into place

But do you breath life into those policies in daily words and actions? 

2 hours ago, Bluzes said:

I am the happiest person alive. Would go out of my way to help others. Berate me all you want the issues will remain and I am very concerned with the bigger picture. I don't have time to psych out anyone or the have it my heart to do so, can you please get over your infatuation with me my wife is getting jealous.   

OK, sticking with the issue and not berating you, your base contention is that DCI is doing nothing/not enough/the wrong things to address the issue of student harassment and student care.  I disagree.  May I please ask you to provide some evidence to back your contention?  I have lots of evidence to back my contention that your wrong.

You then contend that the members of Friends of DCI (int: "wealthy" or maybe "snooty" members of a DCI pandering club) are only interested in one-link web updates and turn an ignorant eye to making any real change.  Do you have any evidence to support the claim?

It seems to me that your response to the OP is to cast mud at "DCI" instead of acknowledging the proactive steps taken by each member corps.  Is that a fair assessment of your belief?

Are you open to changing your belief if it can be proven wrong by facts?

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Bluzes doesn't have the best spelling and grammar but most of his posts are pretty insightful or thought out once you learn to decipher them. 

With your condescension about spelling in every post and your elitist repetition of "omg look guys I'm part of Friends!", I'm surprised you're expecting anyone to take you seriously. 

And I say that as someone who normally respects your posts. 

So, as a member of Friends, you expect me to simply accept the mud thrown at the personal reputations and intentions of the membership (me) regardless of how baseless the accusation?

Right.

And my emphasis on using proper grammar and syntax when communicating on a comment-posting board are out of line.

OK.  I don't.  If I'm expected to respond thoughtfully, it's reasonable to expect the mud being thrown is, at least, spelled correctly.

And, as someone who's posts I normally respect as well, in many instances that didn't involve my connotation of Friends membership as "elite", we'd be calling Bluzes a troll.

Right.

Being a member of Friends is "elitist".

Right.

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And my second question has GH Cadets coming to mind. In my job it's report abuse/harassment to your boss. But what if boss is doing the harassment. Job has a policy for that but does DCI.

Each member corps' Board was IN THE ROOM when this policy and practice was reviewed and described for implementation.  Is it safe to say that each corps has the tools to establish base-line P&P that cover escalation, and yes, what each member needs to know to escalate to the person they trust the most.  These facts do not mean that each corps has accomplished the same amount in 3 months as every other corps, obviously I'm sure.

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

You would be proud, too, if you were on a show with Jennifer Anniston, Matt LeBlanc, David Schwimmer, Courteney Cox, Matthew Perry and Lisa Kudrow.

Thank you.  Thank you.  Leave your tips at the door.  

16 minutes ago, garfield said:

Broke my promise, That's wonderful anything to keep this stuff out of Reddit. That's not an easy task, I know. I have experience with Reddit & GLP over work issues. Reddit makes money by expanding their forums and can care less about who they hurt. Reddit can become a real throne in ones the side, they want to become the place to go on any issue. Dci should and most likely already has placed some focus there. DCP is not a place for the MMs to post either. Some thought should be given to (not saying it hasn't). Is there a app that the staff makes the corps comfortable with using when the need arises? The success of this is measured against posts on Reddit. Said it wasn't easy but my bonus at a start-up had that as a measure and I aced it.

9 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Hey Don it was art if your OK with burning witches, attire with veins hanging all over the place (Madison placed them in medical waste containers on Friday). You  need to man-up like the rest of us and take your head out of the sand.

9 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Hey Music City your getting my friends donation this year. All dci does with the money is place feel good things on dci.org so the friends section at LOS can feel good about themselves, sad. See all the good that comes out of this, I'm impressed.

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

No bites on my poor spelling. Just a test of the shill network. Go back to your regular head bashing. Been planting these little land mines so I can expand my thought all along, go figure.

I believe you're a very smart and shrewd person, fully capable of "planting seeds".

Hey Cappy, was I to just mind-meld that he was talking about Dan A, or was it Don Angelica, or Pesceone?

Bluzes, I'll lighten up on your grammar and syntax when you apologize for castigating some very good people with your smear campaign without knowing a single one of them.  

If you think Friends is a DCI-apologist club, you should sit up with the rest of us and learn the real truth.  You'd be surprised to learn what is really said about DCI's workings.