What rule would you propose for the 2019 DCI tour?

My two cents: Have two judges, judge the caption awards during finals (guard, brass, percussion)!   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eleran said:

At a minimum, it's about time they separate Percussion into separate judges for Battery and Pit, since it's ridiculous for them to be running back and forth between the two, especially when they have to go all the way around the huge pits of today and avoid all the speakers and mics, etc.  

I like this one a lot.

Mike

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MikeN said:

I like this one a lot.

Mike

or go back to a box and a field percussion judge...that worked just fine. And on the performer safety front, would love to see a collaboration between DCI and the member orgs to instatiute an onsite compliance officer, collaboration meaning shared funding and ensure they are a 3rd party person...not beholden to anyone except the safety of the performers

• Like 6

I like the idea of two guard judges at major events. There is currently too much going on now in a show for one judge to capture everything by themselves. 

Also, they can be working on something all summer only for the judge to miss it and not give them credit for that particular section. But they happen to catch a section they struggled with.

Same with battery and pit, one judge each,.please. 

They can easily add pit ensemble into the scoring sheets. Instead of dividing the whole music score by two, they'd just have to divide by 4, then multiply by 3 and then divide by two.

But then this would mean the other music captions go down in importance by one third.

Compensate by making GE 35 points instead of 40 and music 35 instead of 30.

Music is more important anyways IMO.

And they need to make a ruling about tarps. 

Some way to keep them from tripping marchers. Can't tape them, can't anchor them to the ground, but you can fold the edges back underneath and sew a tunnel to put a wooden dowel through to keep them down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cixelsyd said:

No more 5-person panels at early season shows.

This was already approved last January for the 2019 (i.e. next) summer tour.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2