Post Tour Laundry Day

Is it possible to get that funk smell out or am I fighting a losing battle?  My MM started laundry this morning and despite a double wash in hot water, that stench is just putrid!  Anyone have any post tour laundry tips?  :giljotiini:

• Haha 2

Multiple washings with oxiclean or other powerful smell detergents. But in 2 seasons, my son's stuff still sometimes has a funk....its bad...lol

First check HAZMAT disposal policy in your area.... lol

Ok the computer apps I work on deal with Hazardous Material so couldn't resist

• Haha 3

I know my wife uses unusual things like lemon scented ammonia to soak stinky laundry (just don't mix ammonia with bleach, I learned that the hard way...). It has to soak for a while. Also, vinegar is another option for soaking it. 

Gasoline and a match?

When stink gets into fabric, it rarely wants to move on. When I was on the Magic staff, we had those purple tuxedo jackets that were made of a heavy brocade, and could be dry cleaned only (great planning there). The stench during the season was unbearable, and even after dry cleaning they didn't smell like roses... 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

Is it possible to get that funk smell out or am I fighting a losing battle?  My MM started laundry this morning and despite a double wash in hot water, that stench is just putrid!  Anyone have any post tour laundry tips?  :giljotiini:

Soaking in cold water with either vinegar or dish soap will do wonders...

Vinegar cold soak.  Wash.  And leave in the most blazing hot sun (preferably dry heat) you can for most of the day.  That's how my sister handled my nieces' summer AAU basketball clothes.  Which seem to suffer a similar fate.