Crowd Love at Finals

From where I was sitting, Section 140, thunderous applause went, in this order to

SCV

Bloo

BAC

Crown

Cavies 

BD

the most heartfelt applause: Cadets

Enthusiastic/Welcoming: Mandarins 

Hard to say where Mandarins and Cadets would fall as fas as thunderous since there was a different feel for both.Cadets has a “we’re all in this together” feel to it.

Blue Stars received a very healthy applause, I would say BK, PR, and Crossmen received about equal love.

• Like 1

Generally SVC, BAC, Cadets, Crown, and of course Mandarins. 

It's really hard to peg Bluecoats. Most of the crowd "bloo's" instead if cheering, so it's not an apples to apples comparison. 

Sect 445 -- great view of the left side end zone. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tim K said:

From where I was sitting, Section 140, thunderous applause went, in this order to

SCV

Bloo

BAC

Crown

Cavies 

BD

Hard to say where Mandarins and Cadets would fall as fas as thunderous since there was a different feel for both.Cadets has a “we’re all in this together” feel to it.

Blue Stars received a very healthy applause, I would say BK, PR, and Crossmen received about equal love.

Well I guess Cadets shouldn’t have bothered rehearsing since their applause was due to “we are all in this together” sympathy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

from watching online:

SCV

Bloo

Cadets

Boston

Mandarins

27 minutes ago, Tim K said:

SCV

Bloo

BAC

Crown

Cavies 

BD

I would go along with this from section 141.

1 hour ago, Ediker said:

In your observation, what corps (plural) got the most crowd/audience love at Finals?

When it was announced who won the Zingali Award for Best Guard at the DCI Championships, that got a lot of " love" by the Finals audience there it appeared as well.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 7

My perspective is from being present at LOS for all 3 performances and being seated higher up (prelims 436, semis 640 at the 50, finals 640 at the 50.)

Cadets ovations were stronger in the more adult populated areas than in the group sales teenage areas. Kids didn't have the same sentimental reaction to Z-pull or Rocky Point insert or the traditional uniform. Adults had a greater sense of the repercussions of what the corps went through this season where kids tend to deal more in the present moment. (Not condescending comment by motive, just an observation as an experienced high school teacher and college lecturer.)  Many off the thirty-five yard line seating could not see the person wearing the traditional uniform.

Allentown ovation had greater emotional impact due to being closer to the audience than in the LOS canyon. There also may have been more alumni present in person. It also was the first time for the three changes; Claire as DM on the podium wore the traditional uniform...it was her birthday and the staff fulfilled her birthday wish. Many of LOS crowd knew the "surprises" were coming as they had been marched for a week already. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1