SCV's show was an epic musical success

4 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Threads like this always come off as stupid and petty. 

or maybe just a counter opinion? I'm sure there are those who feel the same of the epic fail thread. It's DCP...lots can be said of many threads..need I say more:biggrin:

BUT sure you could be right..lol

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

My favorite part was the Gabriel song.  

I had never heard it, and it ended up being one of those pieces that I like even better arranged for brass.  When they all play the unison octaves with the 5 note motif leading up to the fff chord, just wow.  Powerful. 

And for those who missed the amazing baritone duet during the ballad, just wait until you hear it in post production.  It was one of the great duets in DCI history for me.  Wow. 

2 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

or maybe just a counter opinion? I'm sure there are those who feel the same of the epic fail thread. It's DCP...lots can be said of many threads..need I say more:biggrin:

The block feature on this board is great for avoiding crazies, but they still show up in quoted posts, unfortunately. 

It's pretty funny to see them showing what they're good at from time to time, though, so thanks Guardling.  

What else is great about SCV's show musically?  Intonation was truly great, and I don't think it should be underestimated.  Lots of tuning probles this year for top corps, and SCV really stood out in that way for me. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

He's still salty Blue Devil's fell short.

12 minutes ago, Lance said:

1) It was amazing

for more information, see #1

The sound of the SCV mellophones was a magical moment and sweet jeesus, hallelujah !! music to my ears. Bless their little hearts.

As a person who has never taken a music theory class and majored in political science with a minor in legal philosophy and has an MPA, i found the show to be fantastic both musically and visually. I noticed new things each time i watched, which was only a few times. I did like it more the more i watched it... Because it was a pretty darn good show. I think i could watch it without sound and be entertained by the visuals and staging, same with just listening to the music. Both sides of the production communicate such energy, and they work so well together. I think its the most complete show I've seen since Crown E=MC2

TS; DR.

• Haha 2