2019 what corps will wear

We have no idea what attire Corps will wear for 2019, nor the colors, as Corps are more and more selecting attires and colors that are theme specific now. Since none of us here know what these Corps themes will be at the moment for 2019, none of us are in a position to know what  most of these Corps attire, headgear, nor predominant colors will be for 2019. That said, I'll go out on a limb and state that I don't envision the Madison Scouts will return for 2019 with the predominant color of pink as their attire choice color for 2019. But... who knows.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Just now, BRASSO said:

We have no idea what attire Corps will wear for 2019, nor the colors, as Corps are more and more selecting attires and colors that are theme specific now. Since none of us here know what these Corps themes will be at the moment for 2019, none of us are in a position to know what t most of these Corps attire, headgear, nor predominant colors will be for 2019. That said, I'll go out on a limb and state that I don't imagine the Madison Scouts will return for 2019 with the predominant color of pink in their attire choice for 2019.

Agreed.

I've always been wary of employing designers whose first requirement is a change to what the unit is wearing.  Are you here for the mms and tradition of the corps or your pet idea.?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Agreed.

I've always been wary of employing designers whose first requirement is a change to what the unit is wearing.  Are you here for the mms and tradition of the corps or your pet idea.?

I know you don't need me to play devil's advocate, but there are corps out there *looking* to break with tradition and create something new, too.

Mike

11 minutes ago, MikeN said:

I know you don't need me to play devil's advocate, but there are corps out there *looking* to break with tradition and create something new, too.

Mike

and some corps whose history is not really extended so that custom and tradition are odd or brand new words for their lexicon.

• Like 1

Do I detect subtle shade in there?  If we're talking about my corps, then yes, we definitely push the boundaries, and our kids have a good time doing so. 

Anyways, back to World Class uniforms - what we're seeing over and over is not designers imposing some immovable will on corps, but the organizations doing some soul searching and determining that the uniform isn't what makes the traditions of the corps.  Heck, Cavaliers even spelled out the process for us in 2016, right before their preseason performance with The Cadets.  And overall, it's resonating with the MM's.  Despite all of us being aghast at the first photo from Spirit in 2017, it turns out the uniforms looked great on the field, gave Spirit a very unique visual identity ... and the kids loved them.

Mike

2 hours ago, OldDCGuy said:

Blue Stars was allowing members to buy this year’s uniform if they wanted.  That is definitely a one-and-done.

And i believe the Bluecoats offered each member the option to buy their uniforms.  Bluecoats also selling uniforms from 2013 -2015, so no hope of those blue coats coming back.

Edited by Jast45

23 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Top secret leak on Crown's 2019 look for their show "Alien vs. The Beast"

badbaaa34b7b4d5dc898cec7289a3d7a.jpg

As long as they play Howard Hanson symphony 2 movt 2 then I'm good with that.

• Haha 1

I am going to channel my inner Jeff Ream here and predict:

In 2019, corps will wear what they wear.

Carry on. :tongue:

• Haha 1