DCA Show In NJ This Weekend

Man... zero buzz and little traffic over here. LOL.

So, for the 10 people or so who check in...:tongue:... there is a DCA show this Saturday, at Woodbridge H.S. in Woodbridge, NJ... sponsored by the Bushwackers.

Strong lineup, as the DCA corps jockey for position in advance of championship weekend. Buccaneers, Cadets2, Caballeros, Hurricanes, and Bushwackers.  Plus a pre-show concert by Al Chez and the Brothers of Funk.

6:30 PM start for Al and the crew... the DCA show follows that.

This is a great venue for a show.  Up close and personal.  LOL.

Hope to see you some of you at the show!!! Your last chance to throw stuff at me!!! :laughing:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Drboned said:

Is this the show with foodtruck vendors before the coverband?

ned

No food trucks that I know of. 

But Al Chez and his group are a notch or two above your average "cover band."  LOL

Solid DCA lineup, too... all sorts of storylines. Something for everyone. :thumbup:

Thanks for responding. I don’t follow DCA as much as I should especially considering I grew up in that area  

Ill be at the Woodbridge show with my kids and such. Would you be able to fill me/us in on the storylines to help take a hit off the cost?   Just kidding. It’s my decision to bring the whole family. You can’t miss us. We will all be wearing the same color. 

Come on over and say hi  

ned

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drboned said:

Thanks for responding. I don’t follow DCA as much as I should especially considering I grew up in that area  

Ill be at the Woodbridge show with my kids and such. Would you be able to fill me/us in on the storylines to help take a hit off the cost?   Just kidding. It’s my decision to bring the whole family. You can’t miss us. We will all be wearing the same color. 

Come on over and say hi  

ned

I hope you enjoy the show!!!

By "storylines" I mean what is going on with these corps in the home stretch before DCA championships.

Will Cadets2 continue to close the gap on the frontrunning Buccaneers... how much ground will the Caballeros make up on the leaders... and will the Bushwackers and Hurricanes continue to gather momentum as they take aim at spots in Open Class finals.

Among other things. LOL

Should be a good night!!!

sorry not making ti to Jersey. Plus, I don't want to be there knowing your sign off will be THE sign off.

12 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

sorry not making ti to Jersey. Plus, I don't want to be there knowing your sign off will be THE sign off.

That's OK... I know you're pretty much allergic to NJ!!!  :tongue:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

That's OK... I know you're pretty much allergic to NJ!!!  :tongue:

well....Reading next week, Williamsport...and my family does like me around, so, no NJ.

and...well it is NJ LOL

• Like 1

Two other DCA shows this weekend... one in Minnesota, one in North Carolina.  Two corps at each, and it looks like some exhibition groups too.

Important for those corps (Chops and Govenaires, Columbus Saints and Carolina Gold)  looking for seeding scores for prelims.  Best wishes to all of them!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think that the NC show will be the DCA premiere for Columbus Saints.  This weekend will also give a good idea of what Class A should look like  though Cadence and Highland Regiment will be wild cards until next week.

• Like 2