Pioneer Member Rant

31 minutes ago, BigW said:

If the malfeasance is proven, Clean house... start over fresh with the same positive goals in place. If they can't or won't, unfortunately I agree.

I would like to think dci is on top of their game. What occurred in early spring has been handled and the corps in question deservers to be off probation. Pioneer may have also been on probation or caught dci's eye in another fashion. They may have been dealt with but there was no need to go public and make things worse. Has anyone seen Roman roaming the halls of LOS the last two years as in the past, I haven't (why). They had their season of reason but now more complaints from the MMs if the OPs info is current and it looks like it is.

We will see what happens in the next few months with Pioneer recruitment if it looks like business as normal. No formal announcements on their status then the real red flags need to go up (but from who). Maybe recruitment goes way down and the MMs are not there to support the corps? dci may just be taking a wait and see approach now that the season is over and are prepared to jump into action if necessary.

If other stuff surfaces in other corps then it is the corps fault in letting it fester in the environment they lived in this year. None of this may  be dci's fault but they put themselves in a position to take the fall, just the nature of the beast.

It's not the end it can't be lets just all hope for the best.

Edited by Bluzes
typo

47 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:
49 minutes ago, rmurrey74 said:

DCI needs to step in, but I think it’s time to close the doors. 

like with all allegations an investigation 1st needs to be done and then YES

Nah, I've heard enough!  :giljotiini:

15 minutes ago, Ediker said:

:giljotiini:

Went down this path before. Boston was not chopping heads two years ago even though my mind went there'. Please stop giving me flashbacks it was all fake news about chopping heads, right?

4 hours ago, Tony Flores said:

thats not what i was referring to, they are very low budget...unfortunately, no amount of money can attone or prevent people for being despicable. that being said, staff...well paid staff dont do these things. 

Real professionals (and that doesn't mean a degree either just how one carries themselves) whether they are paid well or not don't do this stuff. Worked for peanuts or nothing here and there and wouldn't do that. :winky:

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

one person's philosophy

I hear you and agree. Like I mentioned in the last post where was Roman the last two years, not roaming the halls of LOS like years past?. We all have come to know him at some point. I would volunteer when he ran DCM in DeKalb work hard all day and he would still make me buy a ticket to finals, I did. Noticed it two - dci's ago when I was oblivious to all this. Mentioned to the wife then where's Roman. This year I was on the lookout no Roman roaming the halls.

In my outrageous mind that raised a red flag. The best reprimands are done in private I been in both seats. Get to the point explain what's wrong, how to make it right and build them back up with encouragement - you got another season Roman make it work. I think that very well may have been the case and now the powers to be are ready for their next move. It would not surprise me if we get a fancy press release and he is stepping down. 

Edited by Bluzes
typo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

I hear you and agree. Like I mentioned in the last post where was Roman the last two years, not roaming the halls of LOS like years past?. We all have come to know him at some point. I would volunteer when he ran DCM in DeKalb work hard all day and he would still make me buy a ticket to finals, I did. Noticed it two - dci's ago when I was oblivious to all this. Mentioned to the wife then where's Roman. This year I was on the lookout no Roman roaming the halls.

In my outrageous mind that raised a red flag. The best reprimands are done in private I been in both seats. Get to the point explain what's wrong, how to make it right and build them back up with encouragement - you got another season Roman make it work. I think that very well may have been the case and now the powers to be are ready for their next move. It would not surprise me if we don't get a fancy press release and he is stepping down. 

Agree

:smile:

38 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Went down this path before. Boston was not chopping heads two years ago even though my mind went there'. Please stop giving me flashbacks it was all fake news about chopping heads, right?

What on earth does this mean?

• Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Not sure what you mean

Let’s be honest, DCI makes up the rules on a individual corps basis! Fact! Yes they have basic by laws but only implemented the sexual harassment policy after the GH news broke and really had no choice!

DCI needs a few things to happen. Figure out if they are a show promoter or an organization that provides shows and actually governs the very corps they claim to support. And lastly, I believe fresh leadership is obviously needed. I know that’s not popular as the current leadership has been in place for over 20 years but let’s look at how many drum corps in just the top 25 we have lost that IMO could have been saved if a task force cane in and helped guide the corps both financially and logistically. But no, DCI send them year in and year out on a 45 plus day tour! “The show must go on” at any cost!

Lastly, current leadership has less vision moving forward than a large portion of the very drum corps they claim to serve!! This is a problem!!!

in the case of PIO. A team should have been sent out on the road to help, evaluate and make sure the membership was safe! If that couldn’t happen then they should have been immediately removed from the tour! Yes, the membership would be very sad and have an issue with whatever group it may have been but at least members would not be put in harms way. The group could re-tool and either improve or at the very least re-organize!

17 minutes ago, Ediker said:

Not sure what you mean

A Drum Corps Joke. I really thought Boston was chopping her head off. Was enlightened by DCP to what stocks were used for and her head was not about to be chopped in the show. But I sat through some pretty anxious moments when I was living in bliss but wouldn't have it any other way.

Edited by Bluzes
typo
  • Haha 1