Pioneer Member Rant

22 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

if that meeting happened, kids should have been included. Think staff is going to fess up to misdeeds?

Agreed, No Director or anyone on BOD present (assumption) what message did that send? The kids should have been polled w/o staff present since the Director does not seem to care.  This may not be the full picture. Give Dan some credit he most likely addressed the Director in a private session asked him not to be present. Like I pointed out before Roman has not been roaming the halls of LOS the last two years, why?

On 8/18/2018 at 11:13 AM, Jeff Ream said:

if that meeting happened, kids should have been included. Think staff is going to fess up to misdeeds?

It depends on the individual, Jeff, and also.... there was a rather sticky wicket thrown in there if you're correct. Dan probably needed to talk to individual staff without others around one after another. Who wants to be the person who threw one or more of the other staff members under the bus in front of DA and the rest of the staff for anything short of outright criminal behavior? (meant as all-encompassing there)

Were there messages sent to DA afterwards when someone had the time to call someone else out for a lesser level of outright incompetence? Likely.

Also on my mind, when did this meeting take place? If it happened at A-Town, the question whether the corps could finish the tour is pretty moot. Things would have to be a total shambles not to limp it in with one week to go. BC? Can you help there?

5 hours ago, MikeD said:

So to be clear, this is your only DCP account, correct?

Mike, a suggestion. It may be more important to verify who this person claims they are, and I know you're savvy enough to do it and at least I (and would believe many others) trust you. :worthy:

Might be better to figure that whole thing out later. :winky:

On 8/17/2018 at 11:00 PM, BachCheddar said:

By the way, I'm the OP from the newest Pioneer thread.

Thank you for having the courage to post on Reddit and here.  The honesty and bravery of people who bring these things to light is an important part of finding solutions and preventing atrocities in the future.  

DCP (obviously) isn't perfect, but I think there are many good people who read the posts here and would do whatever they can to help.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, BigW said:

It depends on the individual, Jeff, and also.... there was a rather sticky wicket thrown in there if you're correct. Dan probably needed to talk to individual staff without others around one after another. Who wants to be the person who threw one or more of the other staff members under the bus in front of DA and the rest of the staff for anything short of outright criminal behavior? (meant as all-encompassing there)

Were there messages sent to DA afterwards when someone had the time to call someone else out for a lesser level of outright incompetence? Likely.

Also on my mind, when did this meeting take place? If it happened at A-Town, the question whether the corps could finish the tour is pretty moot. Things would have to be a total shambles not to limp it in with one week to go. BC? Can you help there?

on reddit, someone posted emails they received from Dan for reporting the issue

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, BigW said:

The meeting happened at the Atlanta regional

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

on reddit, someone posted emails they received from Dan for reporting the issue

If you're talking about the email where he quoted their experiences as "horrible", then that was his reply to me when reporting everything I stated in the thread to him directly.

• Like 1

So DCI is well aware of what is going on. Next question is can they do anything other than tell RB to clean up his dung heap or no invites to DCI sanctioned shows next year. And if they do what will be RB response.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

4 hours ago, BachCheddar said:

If you're talking about the email where he quoted their experiences as "horrible", then that was his reply to me when reporting everything I stated in the thread to him directly.

I hope you encouraged others to come forward and Gabe specific names times dates and places