Pioneer Member Rant

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So DCI is well aware of what is going on. Next question is can they do anything other than tell RB to clean up his dung heap or no invites to DCI sanctioned shows next year. And if they do what will be RB response.

They told troopers to take a year off. They told cadets clean up or else

29 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

They told troopers to take a year off. 

Any public statement yet?

1 minute ago, Tony Flores said:

that was in 2006/07 i believe. 

oops sorry, mis-reading on my part.

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

They told troopers to take a year off. They told cadets clean up or else

Or else what... is my question. 

Far as I’ve read here is the only hammer DCI has is not allowing a corps to be in DCI events. It’s a big hammer but only one in the arsenal.

Of course the big issue is if the head of the corps doesn’t believe DCI will follow thru or doesn’t care......

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Pioneer has been the laughing stock of this activity for a loooong time and will continue to be as long as the person in charge is still Roman Blenski.

None of what I just read surprised me in any way. They are, by far, the most bush league organization in drum corps. Why any 16 year old kid would plunk down money to march there defies all rational thought.

Better every day. Worse every year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Far as I’ve read here is the only hammer DCI has is not allowing a corps to be in DCI events. It’s a big hammer but only one in the arsenal. 

It's a massive hammer, Jim more than I think some people are willing to admit. What are your choices if they refuse to take you on tour--

-Parades (And paraaaaades, (create a vacuum with the mouth)!)

-Standstill concerts on Disco floors (Jim and I have done this for real BTW)

-Indoor concerts

-various money making exhibitions at Firemen's Carnivals/local town events-strawberry festivals/clam bakes/Cat Shows/Grange Fairs

I'm sure that'll get recruitment up. It's kind of like a DCI version of the NCAA Death Penalty.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BigW said:

-various money making exhibitions at Firemen's Carnivals/local town events-strawberry festivals/clam bakes/Cat Shows/Grange Fairs

And the crowds at those cat shows can be very fickle. A tough room to work. :tongue:

• Haha 3