Pioneer Member Rant

24 minutes ago, BigW said:

-Standstill concerts on Disco floors (Jim and I have done this for real BTW)

Did a couple myself, with Sunrisers.

Our staff told the horn line to dial it back a notch or two, since we were inside in tight quarters.

Of course, we disregarded that order and played louder.  :laughing:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, BigW said:

-Standstill concerts on Disco floors (Jim and I have done this for real BTW)

I was in the audience for that one with a young lady. She wanted to sit up front. Forgot my response but I was horrified about a front row seat because the room was itty bitty and the corps so bleeping close.. 

Seriously the wild card is RBs state of mind. From what I'm reading not sure what he might do. Either to spite DCI or just because he thinks he can do what he wants no matter what. Have dealt with an elderly person who could come up with the weirdest justifications for his actions. I learned never to underestimate screwed up thought processes.

24 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

And the crowds at those cat shows can be very fickle. A tough room to work. :tongue:

Worked with a guy whose wife drug him to those. Learned you never want to hear the words "LOOSE CAT!". 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I was in the audience for that one with a young lady. She wanted to sit up front. Forgot my response but I was horrified about a front row seat because the room was itty bitty and the corps so bleeping close.. 

Seriously the wild card is RBs state of mind. From what I'm reading not sure what he might do. Either to spite DCI or just because he thinks he can do what he wants no matter what. Have dealt with an elderly person who could come up with the weirdest justifications for his actions. I learned never to underestimate screwed up thought processes.

He seems like the type who would dig in his feet. He’s had free reign over that corps for so long, nothing is going to change. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/16/2018 at 11:06 AM, weedyweidenthal said:

Sounds like a few legitimate major complaints and then a lot of #####ing... That said, it's surprising that parents still let their high school aged children march with Pioneer. It's not like these complaints are new. Roman has had so many allegations made about him acting this way in the last decade, there were sexual harassment allegations against the corps, the corps has been struggling financially ever since I marched starting back in 2007 so they can barely field a corps... I might be blasted for this, but it could be time to pack it up.

I’m not sure what the end goal of Pioneer is as a corps but it obviously isn’t to field a competitive World Class drum corps. Why DCI continues to allow them to tour as and share in World Class revenues is beyond me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Tony Flores said:

To quote the late Billy Mays...

"...but wait, there's more..." and depressing as well

https://www.reddit.com/r/drumcorps/comments/97yw1p/more_pio_tea/

more will be coming

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Or else what... is my question. 

Far as I’ve read here is the only hammer DCI has is not allowing a corps to be in DCI events. It’s a big hammer but only one in the arsenal.

Of course the big issue is if the head of the corps doesn’t believe DCI will follow thru or doesn’t care......

or else you are not allowed to participate in any DCI events until we can verify you have your #### together

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

more will be coming

Oh.