Pioneer Member Rant

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

The comment you make here that " in fact, Corps are allowed to place themselves in the competitive class they feel they want to compete in and DCI has no say other than to make sure they are financially able to take on WC tour " is inaccurate.

DCI HQ has far more fiduciary powers under the DCI By Laws to act beyond a financial reason to both suspend,  put on probation, and even disbar a Corps enjtirely from Membership in DCI. No Corps gets to assign themselves to DCI Membership, and select the Division they want to compete in, and subject to mere financial considerations alone.

Your initial argument seemed to be that DCI was allowing them to compete in WC when they are more competitively aligned with the OC corps isn their scoring range. Now you are jumping to DCI membership which again wasn't the argument you were making to start with. The fact is that being allowed to compete in WC has way more to do with finances than it does competitiveness. Yes, they also look at the strength of the organization as a whole. Your initial argument seemed to be a rant on them being in the wrong class competitively, if that wasn't the case then I think we can move on.

56 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

Your initial argument seemed to be that DCI was allowing them to compete in WC when they are more competitively aligned with the OC corps isn their scoring range. Now you are jumping to DCI membership which again wasn't the argument you were making to start with. The fact is that being allowed to compete in WC has way more to do with finances than it does competitiveness. Yes, they also look at the strength of the organization as a whole. Your initial argument seemed to be a rant on them being in the wrong class competitively, if that wasn't the case then I think we can move on.

Your initial " rant " however ( since you caste my comments as" rant " ) was that ( your words above) " DCI acted quickly with Pioneer ". My rather innocuous reply then to you was " we don't know this one way or the other at the moment " .  I then decided to broaden how " quickly DCI acts " when abuses of any kind are brought to their attention... its slow as "maple syrup developing on the sap of Vermont trees ". I still feel this way. I mentioned DCI not acting promptly and putting Pioneer in a Class Division it most properly belongs in, imo. Open Class, not World Class. It might surprise you to learn other Drum Corps fans believe Pioneer belongs in Open Class, not the world Class Division too. You responded then that " Corps get to choose the Division they compete ( and presumably remain in ) provide they show that " their financials can demonstrate they can do a WC tour ". Thats not accurate either.

Its ok to come to DCI HQ defense and go on your " rant "  defending them as you believe they have  acted quickly in this and in perhaps other  matters of abuse brought to DCI HQ attention in the past. You've been  highly critical above of " social media " with your assessment of their hasty reactions and criticisms. But if you have arrived at this assessment because you believe that Pioneer has only acted negligently this season, and that DCI HQ " acts quickly " when they have abusers, and enablers in their midst,, then I really don';t know what to tell you.Was it " Social media " , the  "" news media ", or" DCI HQ" itself that" acted quickly " and proactively in cleaning up the bad actors in their midst ? . It seems pretty clear to many that it is not DCI that began their internal house  cleaning of its bad apples, and their legions of enablers, but outside forces in the " social media " that only got DCI HQ. off their azzes to finally do something. DCI " acted quickly here " with Pioneer you said. Thats certainly in question once again here. But thanks for your " rant " nonetheless that you believe that DCI Hq  moves swiftly when abusers and abuse incidents are brought to their attention by people inside Drum Corps

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Present.

In WGI, they would have been moved down (or up) as their scores seemed to fit.  I’ve been arguing this point for at least two decades. Probably longer. 

I guess I’ll dig into the archives here and bring up DCM.  Division 2 corps (now open class)  would regularly beat Pioneer and not make finals but every single open class corps (now world class) would make finals.  And why do you think that was?  I’ll give you one guess. 

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

In WGI, they would have been moved down (or up) as their scores seemed to fit.  I’ve been arguing this point for at least two decades. Probably longer. 

I guess I’ll dig into the archives here and bring up DCM.  Division 2 corps (now open class)  would regularly beat Pioneer and not make finals but every single open class corps (now world class) would make finals.  And why do you think that was?  I’ll give you one guess. 

(bad attempt at humor warning)

because the bigger corps are better because they have more peoples? :innocent: *BZZZZZZZZZZT!*

Sorry.

Serious now. From piecing together some comments made in pervious threads, there was some kind of Bismarckian sekrit treaty in place in DCM that made sure Ritter Bismarck got in Finals somehow, hook or by crook. Prolly done where the finals was for instance... 12 corps with every Open Class taking those slots up to 12, the Div 2 rabble got the remainder.

Some of my reading made me think that Ritter Bismarck liked being the master of their country the size of Luxemborg, the proverbial Whale in a Birdbath.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

It might surprise you to learn other Drum Corps fans believe Pioneer belongs in Open Class

Apparently some people at Pio have believed for years that they could wear bigger shoes than the true size of their feet. And even though they kept walking out of them, they never stopped believing.

• Like 1

After reading Ws link:

So investigation started with sex offenders with the corps. Not a surprise considering Cadets mess.

DCI Met with staff and corps management few weeks before season over.

BUT.... retaliation AFTER the season was over to people who reported issues. My take: somebody doesn’t ####### learn.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

Pioneer was notified last week that they were suspended, but Blenski denied that to Ms Nadolny.

He sounds like he'll be a really trustworthy partner in fixing the situation....

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2