Pioneer Member Rant

I think WE SHOULD ALL take a good look at this and not let it go and seek an answer from PIO as well as DCI! 

• Thanks 5

I'm just going to say one thing:  DCI should require all corps to have a med staff.  This is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, skevinp said:

So much for taking a vacation from DCP in the off-season.  This is too important to ignore.  

How can we ensure this kind of thing comes to an end?  It seems pretty clear it can't be entrusted to individual corps alone.

i've made the comment before...DCI and the member corps need to establish a fund for a set of 3rd party compliance officers...someone who is wholly independent of the individual corps to report to a new dept in DCI for performer safety...someone the members can go to if they don't feel safe. Aslo put in penalties if any gross violations of the whistleblower or safety policies are found. in season monitoring on a week by week or even day by day basis is needed before this get out of hand. 

• Like 4

Sounds like a few legitimate major complaints and then a lot of #####ing... That said, it's surprising that parents still let their high school aged children march with Pioneer. It's not like these complaints are new. Roman has had so many allegations made about him acting this way in the last decade, there were sexual harassment allegations against the corps, the corps has been struggling financially ever since I marched starting back in 2007 so they can barely field a corps... I might be blasted for this, but it could be time to pack it up.

• Like 1

There is no excuse for this. On DCP we beat this horse to dead in threads and beat each other up over these issues to no avail. What's left for us looking in form the outside to do. We all wear our hearts on our sleeves for these kids. I am sure their parents are deeply concerned. Does a group of Pioneer Parents need to form plead to dci for help or go outside dci to draw awareness to the reality? 

1 minute ago, Bluzes said:

There is no excuse for this. On DCP we beat this horse to dead in threads and beat each other up over these issues to no avail. What's left for us looking in form the outside to do. We all wear our hearts on our sleeves for these kids. I am sure their parents are deeply concerned. Does a group of Pioneer Parents need to form plead to dci for help or go outside dci to draw awareness to the reality? 

at this point...you almost have to go outside...put pressure on the parent organization. Hate to say it but i am almost ready for Dan  to stepdown

Definitely needs investigating by DCI. They should have a Compliance Officer on staff that does these health checks on the corps and their members.

23 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

at this point...you almost have to go outside...put pressure on the parent organization. Hate to say it but i am almost ready for Dan  to stepdown

Or maybe DCI needs to become more than just a self-promotional circuit and completely restructure itself into an actual governing body with an independent board of directors and CEO.

• Like 2

I agree that they are more focused on sexual predators than overall safety. In 2010 a former Pio volunteer went on a rant at the DCW luncheon and several names in the activity did nothing. Many of the same things listed here.

if the corps is to survive a total administration and staff purge needs to happen and for gods sake get real busses