Summarizing my First DCI Tour and my Bluecoats Internship

5 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

A year ago I alluded on here I wanted to volunteer or spend my summer some way on the road with a corps.  I’ve now been home a few days and had a chance to reflect on the amazing and life changing summer I spent with the Bluecoats as an administrative intern.  Had a hard time writing this one, it was so hard to say goodbye to easily the best thing I’ve ever done with my life.  Details on page 53. 

https://www.drumcorpsworld.com/publications/2018/august_17/#page=53

I haven't read this yet, but did you get a chance to write your super review of all the shows this season yet? :-)

1 minute ago, Liahona said:

I haven't read this yet, but did you get a chance to write your super review of all the shows this season yet? :-)

Give the guy some time L!  He's still trying to salvage most of his tour clothing.  Welcome back to DCP DMT and thanks for helping out a corps for the whole competitive season.

10 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

A year ago I alluded on here I wanted to volunteer or spend my summer some way on the road with a corps.  I’ve now been home a few days and had a chance to reflect on the amazing and life changing summer I spent with the Bluecoats as an administrative intern.  Had a hard time writing this one, it was so hard to say goodbye to easily the best thing I’ve ever done with my life.  Details on page 53. 

https://www.drumcorpsworld.com/publications/2018/august_17/#page=53

Great article..well I know your writing style...bet it was tough getting all your thoughts into that cadenced space....Awesome to hear that drum corps (and the Bluecoats) has changed your life for the better...it has impacted the lives of so many people over the decades and impacted me almost 3 decades ago now as well...

I have to say, you earned your corps jacket. Wear it with pride. I am so glad you had an amazing experience! I hope you get to do it all over again next year!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I sure have missed your posts in these forums but am also very happy for you that you got to fulfill a dream and grew so much from it.

• Like 1

Excellent reading! I'm glad you had such an amazing summer!