Stealing other corps stuff...

So BITD according to DCP if you caught someone breaking ranks you were allowed to physically assault someone up and including murder and that that was ok. Lot fights? Those were ok. But now people are acting shocked that as a prank corps steal other corps stuff? This thread is just so darn funny.

1 minute ago, Spatzzz said:

So BITD according to DCP if you caught someone breaking ranks you were allowed to physically assault someone up and including murder and that that was ok. Lot fights? Those were ok. But now people are acting shocked that as a prank corps steal other corps stuff? This thread is just so darn funny.

Who here ever said it was OK to murder or physically assault someone?!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ghost said:

There have been items stolen from mm by their fellow corps members over the decades.

BITD with Seattle Imperials, there was a member (a late-joiner), who was busted stealing from corps members while we were at rehearsal.  He was gone before we came back in from rehearsal, which is probably a good thing, because I don't think it would have gone well for him when the corps found out.

7 minutes ago, seen-it-all said:

Who here ever said it was OK to murder or physically assault someone?!

Obviously I was using hyperbole about murder. But, many here will I'm sure recount a number of stories of physical assault that occurred on people that attempted to break rank BITD. They will do so gleefully and with much pride and tell us all how that was real drum corps. Lot fights as well, they really happened.

I thought corps played a "game" of acquiring stuff that wouldn't damage the integrity of the show and then leaving it on the field at finals.  In fact, I believe it was Crown with a Bluecoats safety helmet...

I don't condone stealing AT ALL, but is this just a tradition amongst corps?  We must remember these kids live in a world where one mistake (or post) could haunt you over & over.  Hazing used to be accepted & tolerated as did pranks.  Now there are very few warnings or forgiveness.  Just saying we should be careful not to throw the baby out with the bathwater...or throw stones from a glass house.

Edited by DCIat14
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

So BITD according to DCP if you caught someone breaking ranks you were allowed to physically assault someone up and including murder and that that was ok.

Thought I went to the wrong site. My other favorite site it depends on who you voted for, if that's OK or not.

i'm just saying with social media, stuff gets out there quicker...and allows #### to blow up huge

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar said:

It's not acceptable, but it has always happened. And I guarantee, it happened when you marched.

My thoughts:

- The idea of the Crown Hammer is stupid. It's the sort of useless object that pretty much begs to get stolen. It's the same sort of nonsense as those baseball bats the Carolina Panthers used to walk around with a few years ago: an empty symbol of false hype that does nothing but take up space.

- Even though stealing is not a recent thing, the idea of posing with it in your uniform and posting it to social media is pretty egregious/stupid. Even if this kid is an age-out, they're going to get a pretty harsh punishment.

- The general consensus on reddit seems to be: wow, get a load of that idiot.

Yup! The whole idea behind the Crown hammer is incredibly stupid in my opinion. With that said, what the BD member did wasn't good sportsmanship and there should be consequences for it

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Yup! The whole idea behind the Crown hammer is incredibly stupid in my opinion. With that said, what the BD member did wasn't good sportsmanship and there should be consequences for it

Agreed. But he'll say he was just being devilish.