Stealing other corps stuff...

At least something replaceable at a hardware store. Knew someone bought an older contra at an antique place. When selling it to a start up corps someone recognized it as stolen by the dents in the bell.

These hijinks have been going on as long as I’ve been around.  I’m probably breaking some sort of omertà or something by telling this but...

There was a guy I knew in a corps, not where I marched, who when they were sharing a housing site, would get up in the middle of the night, put on another corps uniform and have his partner-in-crime take a photo of him on the toilet.  He had quite a photo collection.  Not stealing though.  Just borrowing. I laughed pretty hard at those photos. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Serious question because everyone likes to jump to conclusions and I saw this question posed on twitter that got no response. Everyone assumes this is a BD member who still a hammer from Crown, how do you know that this isn't a Crown member who stole a BD uniform? People see a picture, have instant outrage over something and jump to conclusions.

I'm with a lot of people on here that way worse things have happened in a season and harmless pranks are pranks. As long as nobody gets hurt and the prank doesn't have an impact on the corps ability to perform, no harm no foul. If the impact of the prank then has negative effects, then punishment should be appropriate.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

Serious question because everyone likes to jump to conclusions and I saw this question posed on twitter that got no response. Everyone assumes this is a BD member who still a hammer from Crown, how do you know that this isn't a Crown member who stole a BD uniform? People see a picture, have instant outrage over something and jump to conclusions.

Perhaps it's the post from another member of BD's hornline saying they bonded over it when it was discovered they were in posession of it?

• Like 1

What happened to the good old days of sneaking on to another corps bus to take a #2 in their bathroom.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Huntington Mallets said:

Perhaps it's the post from another member of BD's hornline saying they bonded over it when it was discovered they were in posession of it?

FAKE NEWS!!!! It's a BD Witch Hunt!

***Sorry, i thought that is how twitter worked these days.***

Valid point. I just think its ridiculous either way.

• Haha 3

Just now, Sideways said:

What happened to the good old days of sneaking on to another corps bus to take a #2 in their bathroom.

That would have really been bad on our school buses.  REALLY bad.  But I think Kilties junior had a hole in their bus floor.  If that counts as a bathroom. 

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Sideways said:

To board a bus today, first you have to be wearing your official DCI photo ID lanyard and badge. 2) then you swipe your DCI ID with the magnetic strip properly facing 3) place your eyeball against the photo camera for a picture of your iris and pupil 4) place your left forefinger in the apparatus to take a fingerprint; if all these 4 items match, the bus door swings open. You then hurdle yourself down the aisle leaping over accumulated uniform bags, hangers, pillows, blankets, and dirty laundry sacks left by the brassline and percussion rushing to make the arc; if on the guard bus you will need your gas mask to cut through the hair spray, perfume, and make-up with the varied aromas and sparkles.  Now at the back of the bus, you will have to remember your director's birthday which is the magic code to punch into the bathroom door computerized lock, a code no one knows since that's where the guard stores the sabres, rifles, and extra flag poles (the equipment truck is too full of props,) the percussion line has the room cluttered with every drum stick and mallet size ever imagined or sold by Vic Firth, and the brass bus has the cartons of DCT, sunscreen, and brasso (not the poster) so as to be ready to look their best. All this before you realize that since the bathroom is no longer used on tour, you have to provide your own paper and Walmart is four miles from the show site.  The times, they have changed. It ain't yellow school buses anymore.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1