Pioneer Suspended by DCI

48 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

No way in hell DCA let’s them in with this. As screwed up as DCA is, they aren’t that stupid. They kicked out the Renegades for excessive partying issues. Let in a corps dci booted due to performer safety issues? Death sentence for the circuit 

And as DCA promotes itself more and more to younger members it would be one of the most stupid things DCA would do to just let Pioneer in. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I'd miss them, just as I'd miss any of those lower-ranking O.C. corps going inactive. Particularly ones I've seen. I miss Revolution and Racine Scouts and Blue Saints and (possibly to return?) Les Stentors, all of whom I'd seen at O.C. championships in the past six years. I miss Coastal Surge, and I think they managed just one competitive season.

That said, if the problems at Pioneer can't be resolved to DCI's satisfaction, then it may indeed be better for drum corps if they shut down.

+1 for missing Racine.  Me, too.

4 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

This isn't anything about Pio, just a comment on how much I dislike the changes to the DCI website.  For old eyes like mine, it's REALLY HARD TO READ.  Anybody else agree?  From the sheets to articles, to schedules to everything.  I am not a fan.

It's off topic, but I could not agree with you more. I hate the new recap format.  A PITA at best.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Liahona said:

It's off topic, but I could not agree with you more. I hate the new recap format.  A PITA at best.  

Yes, I am well aware it is off topic!  I just couldn't help myself.  LOL.

Best thing to happen is for Roman to step down/retire. Gut the educational staff and probably the BoD. Start over. HOWEVER, doing that might be the end of Pioneer. Racine Scouts and now Pioneer (possibly gone). I don't think DCA would be the best answer for Pioneer either!

3 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Not likely, their members mostly still in high school will be back in school come labor day, have their own HS Band commitments. Same issues as Minn Brass and Kilties have with DCA. In the east, most schools do not go back to after labor, not sure about Atlanta CV and Gold they may face these issues as well. Not hurting them right now, would like to see CV win it all this year but will certainly medal.

OT & FYI:  GA schools mostly return in mid-August. There were a number of seasons where The Kids had to miss a week of school (one time, 2 weeks) due to DCI Tour.

13 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And as DCA promotes itself more and more to younger members it would be one of the most stupid things DCA would do to just let Pioneer in. 

Exactly, Mid-West DCA corps depend on dci shows in their region prior to going East. Would be like they didn't kick them out, would assume some liability if anything happens at their shows. DCA is not even an option. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Exactly, Mid-West DCA corps depend on dci shows in their region prior to going East. Would be like they didn't kick them out, would assume some liability if anything happens at their shows. DCA is not even an option. 

Forgot how close DCI/DCA works together in the Midwest. Man that would poison the relationship if Pioneer was not allowed to be in DCI but still at DCI sanctioned shows as a DCA corps.

Edited by JimF-LowBari