Pioneer Suspended by DCI

3 hours ago, mcjordansc said:

A lot of kids got their start in drum corps with the Pioneer. I think it is too bad we may lose an organization that has been around for more than 40 years. Hopefully, they can restructure and keep it going, but I am skeptical that can happen. 

I wonder that how many kids started their marching careers' at Pioneer over the last few seasons and vowed never to march again based on their experience?

• Sad 1

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

I wonder that how many kids started their marching careers' at Pioneer over the last few seasons and vowed never to march again based on their experience?

Or just went elsewhere

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I’ve been told they had a tremendous turnover rate. 

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

I really don't know " whats next ", Bluzes.. DCI and Pioneer I would imagine will have additional press releases regarding this that'll give us more info, and what needs to" happen next " btw Pioneer and DCI.  Suffice to say, Pioneer is probably in a very precarious position as to whether or not they have the people there and the resources to repair this satisfactorily or not.   Roman Blenski probably won't remain at the helm there much longer. But thats no more than a guess from a distance here by me.. no more.' Hope Pioneer can emerge from this . Nobody ( or few anyway ) want to see ANY Drum Corps fold. There are so few Drum Corps left now as it is.

The thing is that Pioneer & RB  have evolved over the last decade to be reflections of each other.  Separating the two might be like separating conjoined twins, with neither surviving.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

The thing is that Pioneer & RB  have evolved over the last decade to be reflections of each other.  Separating the two might be like separating conjoined twins, with neither surviving.

Could be. Time will tell.

5 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

The wheels are spinning in my head to think of a  way to provide a future for Pioneer. I know people on boards of local arts organizations. Do I just cold call them and say “take over this organization”? I sure as heck aren’t getting involved.

Get your St. Jude medal out for this project.  

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

The wheels are spinning in my head to think of a  way to provide a future for Pioneer. I know people on boards of local arts organizations. Do I just cold call them and say “take over this organization”? I sure as heck aren’t getting involved.

But will RB let go of what legal pieces that tie him to the corps? He might decide to stay as head of a corps with no members and no DCI connections. But still with the equipment .

And who has rights to the name?

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1