Favorite Show Ever

alright, i see most underrated show ever, favorite opener, favorite closer, etc... but i see no general thing for just favorite show (at least not in the historical section), in general... so, i figured i'd start one... what is your favorite show, regardless of placement, year, overrated/underrated...

my vote has to go to scouts 75... i don't care what anyone says, that show somehow manages to get my heart pounding regardless of how many times i listen to it, and no other show does that... so there

75 scouts for sure. everytime I hear it, the more I love it

87 Garfield - beautiful, demanding, ahead of its time, excellence performance, ground-breaking design and use of staging. This show really changed the activity.

1988 SCV....at the end when the corps dissapeared....whew!! I actually was crying watching it. People talk of 1987 Garfield as innovative, etc... That show was wonderful, but 1988 SCV was one of the greatest General Effect shows i've ever seen.

(honerable mention)....1990 Blue Devils..last 10 seconds BIG GOOSE BUMPS!

1995 Cavaliers drill..."how are they doing that AND playing at the same time?" 1991 Star of Indiana....last 20 seconds or so when they took the cross then (mayhem)put the cross on the other side of the field all at around 200 bps!! If I think of any others, ill post them as well.

'74 Santa Clara Vanguard.

85 Suncoast Sound (A Florida Suite)

followed by...

03 Phantom (Harmonic Journey)

85 Phantom (Symphonie Fantastique)

86 Suncoast Sound (Adventures In Time)

85 Garfield (Jeremiah Symphony/Candide)

82 Phantom (Spartacus)

86 BD (Channel One Suite/Conquistador/Spanish Fantasy/Chick Corea Suite)

Edited by skajerk

1988 SCV....at the end when the corps dissapeared....whew!! I actually was crying watching it. People talk of 1987 Garfield as innovative, etc... That show was wonderful, but 1988 SCV was one of the greatest General Effect shows i've ever seen.

When SoCal Dream, Sr. Corps was taking our bus trip to Northern California in mid-July we played the 1988 video. We watched the bottom 10, then I was enthralled watching SCV's Phantom show. Then, with about two minutes left of SCV's show, we reached our destination. b**bs

We never went back and watched the last two minutes! :music:

So, now I have a really good reason to buy the DVD. :fight: ... especially since it's the only year from the 1980s I don't have yet.

Oh, btw, my favorite show is the 1973 Anaheim Kingsmen because my sister marched color guard in it.

Other than that, it would be the 1974 Troopers! The 1974 SCV is a close runner-up.

Edited by One of the Sops