SCV 92

Im sitting here listening to the SCV 92 show...and I just realized I have never seen the infamous "bottle dance". :huh: Does anyone know where I could find a clip??? #### the entire show would be awesome too b**bs

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure where to find just a clip, but I believe the '74, '75, and '78 shows have the Bottle Dance. Also, they did it in '82 and '92 as you mentioned. 1982 is interesting because you can hear the hornline is off-time, apparently the echo in Montreal was pretty bad and they brought it back just for finals. You might check the SCV website for videos or DVDs as well.

Also, they did it in '82 and '92 as you mentioned. 1982 is interesting because you can hear the hornline is off-time, apparently the echo in Montreal was pretty bad and they brought it back just for finals.

I was in the stands in 1982, and the problem wasn't the echo...the problem was that the crowd response was so INCREDIBLY LOUD that I'm sure the hornline could not hear itself or the drum line for that matter. That, in combination with it being their first performance of The Bottle Dance in competition that year, resulted in the timing error, I belive. But, for those of us in the stands - we couldn't have cared less! b**bs It was the kind of moment fans live for (think PR's closer at Finals this year). Thank you SCV for this and hundreds of other wonderful memories!

They also did it in 73 when they won their very first championship.

First "DCI" Championship that is. Our Actual "First" Championship was American Legion '70 then VFW '71. So I guess you could say '73 was our third. '73 was my most favorite year though.

2001 a Guard member "started" to do the bottle dance (kneeling down and throwing out a leg) but didn't actually do it. Pretty cool still.

I believe they did it in 2001 too....unless of course I am misinformed about what the bottle dance looked like.

the color guard only did one little "slide step" (or whatever you wanna call it) of it and the very end of their New Era chant. You can hear the crowd give a little cheer from those that picked up on the little throwback. :huh:

they dont play the bottle dance music though :P

Edited by l2elic