DCI Profits

rhinoyayay

Do you agree with DCI allowing one corps (IN the UK) to make a profit off of all the DCI corps?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with DCI allowing one corps (IN the UK) to make a profit off of all the DCI corps?

• Yes
    • No

^0^ This is outreagous when i read it. One corps who just funded a trip to DCE finals receives profits from its director selling DCI merchendise and is even considering selling DCA! Is DCI in the game of creating an unfair advantage to overseas corps or is this just typical of DCI in which the dollar is more important then the people who gave their years and years in the activity. I for one would like to see it if at all dispersed between ALL the UK corps not just one.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard this before.. Doesn't he have to purchase the product from DCI first in order to sell it at DCE?.. in that case, then yes, he should be entitled to the profits.

If he's laying out the money, why shouldn't he be entitled to the profits of the sales?

If you're upset that he's doing it and you can't, why didn't you think of it and pursue it first? What's stopping you from contacting DCI, buying a bunch of stuff for resale and selling it, too?

I thought DCI stood for drum corps INTERNATIONAL..... at least that is what it says on their website....

As far as I have seen it, the DCI stuff was sold by High Brass, witch is a Non-competing, non-marching, non-non-profit drum corps style jazz band. Members are former DCUK and DCI Corps member playing some really great stuff on G-Bugles ancompaigned by 2 drummer and a piano.

They sold their CDs and merchandise AND the DCI stuff. So I'm pretty shure that no corps sell the DCI stuff. The DCI stuff the sold was not the complete portfolio. It looks more like "OK, I was in Orlando and I pick some more stuff and sell in in Europe for a higher price." It doesn't look like a professional sales booth of DCI.

BTW didn't a company from the UK anounce that the cooperate with DCI concerning the merchandising stuff. I though I will find someday a webshop to order all the items for nearly the same price as in the US.

Well, for us it's much better that we can buy our stuff in UK.

f.e: We buy a DVD at dci.org for $ 40 then we have to wait 3 months to get our stuff and pay $20 taxes

Now we can buy dvds and stuff on regular prices.

I don't know about the background of this shop, but I think it's good that dcI more and more puts the "I" in dci.

Also, it sounds like there may be customs/tariffs problems as well that are clouding the issues.

If you purchase in bulk, the unit cost per item is lower which translates to lower customs/tariffs per item. But purchased individually, this cost can be pretty high depending on the specific country.

I suggest that you check out your local customs to find out more info. But, I also thought that the EU should have resolved/mitigated most of these custom discrepancies between countries within the union, right? :silly: