What was with Phantom's Blue ARM in 1984?

Although I loved Phantom doing 1812 that year, I forgot they had the "Blue arm" on their uniform that year. What was with the "Blue Arm" and purple cape? Was it just for "GE" sake? 20 years..makes me feel old! :silly:

Actually, it was royal purple. The show had no French themes that I know of aside from the French Natl. Anthem quote in 1812. Probably just looked #####in...I'll ask Skywench....even though she was in the guard and not the musical line...

Edited by 84BDsop

it was cesario

Cesario didn't start working with Phantom unil 1987, I believe, the year they brought out the all-white uniforms for the first time.

Michael was indeed working with PR before 1987...we sewing ladies loved having him there - so much fun! I know from first hand experience that he was on board for this show - the sleeve was purple - it was a spandex fabric that was sewn over the top of the white sleeve. The head gear that the guard wore - I made that twice back then...we won't discuss this. :)

Michael was indeed working with PR before 1987...we sewing ladies loved having him there - so much fun!  I know from first hand experience that he was on board for this show - the sleeve was purple - it was a spandex fabric that was sewn over the top of the white sleeve.  The head gear that the guard wore - I made that twice back then...we won't discuss this.  :)

Interesting purple, because the color guard was clearly wearing purple but the lighting on the DVD appears to be a navy blue for the rest of the corps, but since you worked with the uniforms I will believe you. But do you know what it meant? Or was there a meaning to it? Blue on the arm and purple on the cape?

Edited by Lancerlady

Having worn that uniform in 1983, I can tell you it's a purple arm. The uniform is also a Cesario design. Not only was the arm purple, but the outside of the cape was red and the inside was fuschia.