Coolest European corps ever SEEN

Smudge

Wich is the best European corps.Coolest European corps ever SEEN?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Wich is the best European corps.Coolest European corps ever SEEN?

• Starriders, DE
    • Jubal, NL
    • Beatrix, NL
    • Wölper Löwen, DE
    • Senators, UK
    • Edelweiss, FRA
    • Cadence, UK
    • Kidsgrove Scouts, UK
    • Cadence, UK
    • Juliana, NL
    • other

1986 Dagenham Crusaders...just for letting an American march with them.

Oh wait....that American was ME!  A little biased here!

Actually I never saw any other corps when I was in the UK...the usual curse of being at the top...

Then you should know Dave Hill. He worked with Daganham Crusaders. But I'm not shure if it was that year. I heard a lot of cool stuff about this corps.

Dude, it was almost 20 years ago, and I came in halfway through the season. The only people I remember at all were John Johnson (director...passed away, I think), Dexter the DM and Charlie Waters, the other cymbal player, so Dave Hill does not ring a bell.

Shame...I have a good time being the token Yank in the corps!!

dont forget the Blue Eagles,....................they were amazing? I think they had a lot of the staff from cadets???????

there 1996 show, a couple weeks b/f they folded.......................wow!

corps I've seen:

Beatrix' (2000 -> Bandshow in Ostend)

Jubal (2002 -> Bandshow in Ostend & 2003 -> DCE finals)

Starriders (2003 -> DCE finals)

Kidsgrove Scouts (2003 -> DCE finals)

If I would answer the first question (Best Corps) it would be Kidsgrove Scouts, it was a very nice and clean show. And the part that surprised me the most was that a lot of young people marched.

But If I'd answer Coolest Corps ever seen it would be Jubal, I really loved their show on DCE finals 2003. A really COOL show, crazy brass solos and a lot of power!

• 3 months later...

Saege,

Back in 1986 I was Brass Arranger for Conquest Alliance and consultant. Got to travel over the pond quite a few times. As you may or may not know, Conquest Alliance & Dagenham Crusaders tied at Finals in '86 . . . . it doesn't only happen in the States . . . what a fantastic year it was !

That year, Dave Hill was judging, because we had a chance to meet him. Being fellow Americans, it was fun to meet an American working with UK corps. But that year, he was Judging. Don't know if he worked with Dagenham after that.

Doreen Sandor

New York Skyliners 1980 - 1989, 1995, 2000- 2003

SkyJam Arranger, Winter 2003

L.V. Chieftains 1995 - 1999

Anchormen - Elland, England (DCUK), 1991 to 1995

Avengers - England (DCUK) 1991

Conquest Alliance - Brighouse, England (DCUK) 1986 - 1990. 1986 & 1987 DCUK Champions.

N.Y. Chinese Crimson Kings - 1978 - 1985

St. Joseph's Brigade Fife & Drum Corps - 1978 - 1982; 1996 - 1997.

Sunrisers - 1979

Bills Boys - 1977 to 1980; 1991 - 1992

St. Matthias "Blue Max" - 1972 - 1979

My vote is for Schlossgarde in the 80's. I taught the horn line and we probably had a more original book than other European corps. My last year, I had the corps playing music that wasn't copying American corps. I wanted them to be themselves....."The Score" by Emerson, Lake, and Powell (not Palmer...Cozy powell).

Keith Hall

Heat Wave Brass Caption Head

• 4 weeks later...

Call me a bit of a "homer" if you will, but I have always beena fan of the mid eighties Warrington Green Lancers.

• 2 months later...

Beatrix' is far-out the best european corps i've ever seen performing, and that's not because i'm half a member :P . I just think there level is higher then jubal, and that's the only other european corps who can concurrate with Beatrix' that i've ever seen. if video's count too, i'll still go for beatrix' but kidsgrove should be second. I didn't see them on the field, but i've seen a picture of them. :bleah:

• 4 weeks later...

How about Schlossgarde in 1987? Coming out with black capes with hoods playing Emerson, Lake and Palmers "The Score?" Cool corps!