St. Ignatius Girls

melloiggy

Looking for any St. Ignatius memorabilia anybody out there may have. Only know of one person who has some things but he doesn't want to seem to part with any of it. Those were the best years of my life ('76-'81) and I would love to start a collection. Please email me with details if you could help. As for you know who, load up your car with anything you don't want and find me at a show. Like, those tapes for instance!!!! I'm sure you know who this is!!!!!! :sly:

Iggy,

I don't know who you are, but I just came into a large stockpile of audio tapes from the 60s, 70s and 80s.. I'll take a poke through there and see if I can find your years.. maybe we'll get lucky (so to speak)!

feel free to PM me with your home address.. if I can come up with any, I'll try to make you copies and send them off.

St. Ignatius All Girls Drum and Bugle Corps!!!!

WOW!! Talk about a great corps. Those chicks were GOOD!! But I guess they had to be with the staff they had. Hy Drietzer, Carmen Cluna, Tommy Martin, Johnny Oddo, etc. I sure hope someone can help Holly out. She still bleeds red, white, and blue.

Johnny :P

• 2 weeks later...

I saw St. Ignatius for the first time in 1967 at an American Legion show in Buffalo. I was a "mature" man of 17 or so marching in a senior corps, and to us they looked like a bunch of little 12 year old girls who didn't belong on the field when they lined up.

Then they started off the line. Jaw-dropping good. Strong, determined horn line and man could they march. High mark time with knees higher than mine ever went. The impact of their instructional staff cannot be overemphasized. A great memory. I'm just glad they weren't in the senior division.