Can I get a do over?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1980 needs to be done over as well....oh and 1981....

LancerFi, I'm sure people who marched with Spirit or Bridgemen that year would love to have that chance again as well.....it was very close call.

Too close for my comfort!!

I want 89 over again. I'm sure alot of Regiment people would want 77,78,79. 89 still bothers me.

Amen, brother.

I don't think anyone in the top 5 gave thier best performance at finals that year. Well, ok...maybe Cadets. Maybe it was the heat (it was incredibly hot that night...over 100)...I don't know.

I do know that if everyone in the top 5 had put thier best shows on the field, the outcome would have been vastly different...

1980 needs to be done over as well....oh and 1981....

LancerFi, I'm sure people who marched with Spirit or Bridgemen that year would love to have that chance again as well.....it was very close call.

Too close for my comfort!!

Also, there were a lot of penaltys-don't know if they were all caught. Having said that, even though I and the rest organization would have preferred to win, we may have been a penalty or 2 away from being 3rd of 4th........2nd doesn't seem so bad when I think of it like that.... ^0^

I'm very proud, it was the first time in our history that we cracked that top 3. And had mostly ones in the column that year...including all regionals we were in...

I don't remember if Spirit was there the week before or the Bridgemen....but we went in a hunting....I believe the staff thought either 1 or 2 in Birmingham, on the field I was so :sshh: I couldn't figure out the spread, I had to walk over to the guard to confirm....I can see it on the video....and with the splitting of the trophies, it was difficult to figure out who the winner was.

Any rings for sale? Preferably with 1980 on it? :P

Edited by LancerFi

Yes you should be proud of your corps accomplishments. You guys were an eastern corps who could have taken that "first corps from the East" title. Second is nothing to be upset about.....heck, it could have been worse.....Bridgemen could have beaten ya! LOL! You heard it from our Spirit friend on how they thought they should have gotten second.....aaah....and he still says it after all this time!

What did you mean by "I don't remember if Spirit was there the week before or the Bridgemen ..." You mean going into prelims as one of the top 2 contenders?

:whip:

I believe we beat Bridgemen 2 times between Philly and Bama, by 2 to 2 1/2 points at each gig!

But Spirit was not there!

We were much more worried about a come back by BD if you can call it that after beating them only 2 times but I don't remember being worried about being beat by either Spirit or Bridgemen. The equation for us was that it was a shootout between BD and us with them having the upper hand, 2nd was gravy losing to the likes of BD!!!

Edited by LancerFi

DCI East Aug 9 Prelims

1 27th Lancers 91.20

2 Blue Devils 88.55

3 Bridgemen 88.35

4 Phantom Regiment 87.55

5 Santa Clara Vanguard 86.85

6 Madison Scouts 86.45

7 Spirit of Atlanta 85.05

East Finals

1 27th Lancers 90.35

2 Blue Devils 89.58

3 Bridgemen 87.75

4 Phantom Regiment 86.80

5 Spirit of Atlanta 85.30

Cary, NC-Aug 10

Position Corps Score

1 27th Lancers 89.00

2 Bridgemen 87.55

Greenville - Aug 12

1 27th Lancers 89.05

2 Crossmen 82.20

No Bridgemen in the 2nd show-

Edited by LancerFi

You've got to admit, Spirit did surge there for the last part of 2nd tour. Heck, we even beat Spirit a few times.....especially from July 3rd -July-26th......after that they totally rehashed their opener and never looked back again. By the time West Chester's show rolled around (Aug. 7th) they took off. It would have been interesting as far as the 1-4 positions, if finals were held a week later.....although I think by then Zingali would have drilled you guys to death.

Absolutely, I'm blown away how much they cleaned, etc. as I hadn't remembered that they were that much behind.

I think had it been held a week earlier....well you know what I mean!

On Brass Roots my good friend Jim E. who you met in Orlando said something like the 1980 Blue Devils were the total package. He was going over the corps that set the standard so to speak during certain eras. So for that year to stick out in his mind is a nice feeling knowing we and other corps were very close!

But, BD seems to have set the standard period.....oh they were/are so seamless.