DCI Blunder

Well, spellcheck wouldn't have caught that ;)^

I have the 81 album in front of me right now. yep it sure does!

On the Blue Devils site they have the 1971 show (but you can't buy it). in the announcment the guy say's "And the dumb Major...uhh er Drum Major is Dave Dugan". I was at that show!!! (Los Banos, CA I think).

I have the 81 album in front of me right now. yep it sure does!

On the Blue Devils site they have the 1971 show (but you can't buy it). in the announcment the guy say's "And the dumb Major...uhh er Drum Major is Dave Dugan". I was at that show!!! (Los Banos, CA I think).

It's also interesting (I think there is another thread on this) how announcers announce the names of the DMs incorrect....sometimes it down right hilarious! :P

It's also interesting (I think there is another thread on this) how announcers announce the names of the DMs incorrect....sometimes it down right hilarious! :P

The variety of pronunciations I heard for "Etobicoke" (as in Etobicoke-Oakland Crusaders) was just a marvel to behold. I wonder how many variations there were on "Jonquiere" (for the Offensive Lions) or "Laval" (for the Chatelaines). There are probably many more, but those are the first that come to mind, for me.

Co-captain of 67 Anaheim Kingsmen color guard was a fine lady named Irene Goretzky (which I probably spelled wrong), prounounced "Gor-RETZ-key" whom I once heard announced as "Irene Gor-ZEEKY!"

Ms. Karen Anderson was the guard capt. but they never had trouble with that one.

That was one fine guard in all senses of the word. I was proud to march in Anaheim's hornline with those women in the guard.

Belated thanks, ladies!

RON HOUSLEY

Edited by ffernbus3

Back when Jeff Fiedler was drum major of the Cavaliers, it was routine to hear him announced as "Jeff Fielder"...

Suspect that doesn't happen as often now when he's announced as corps director...